• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front intake radiator or top exhaust radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So I'm planning on starting to build my new Skylake pc and I was wondering... I plan on getting the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (white edition) and installing the rad up front so it gets all the nice cold air from outside the case. But then I thought, then how will the pc itself get air?
Can just using exhaust itself work just fine or should I install the rad up top as exhaust?

Last edited:
Since you are not after every degree C on the CPU, just put it up top as exhaust. It may be a couple of C warmer versus up front.

I dont prefer it. You are fighting against 'heat rises' (albeit negligible effect honestly), and airFLOW.

Try it when you get your system and see which works best for you and your system.

I dont prefer it. You are fighting against 'heat rises' (albeit negligible effect honestly), and airFLOW.

Try it when you get your system and see which works best for you and your system.
I agree with ED, do what works best. I always use Front intake, top rear exhaust.

yeah, only time i've ever had it make any difference is when i had my qx9650 @ 4.0ghz and two r9 280x's all watercooled, and mining, then it would heat up the case to the point of a crash when i used the top rad as intake.
dump that top heat out of the case, make it a top exhaust.

Back