• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming PC connected to laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

I do most of my gaming in my bed on an Alienware 15. This is because with kids running around and time to only game at night, I don't have the means to sit at a desk with a separate keyboard, monitor, speakers and mouse.

Aside from the Alienware Graphics Amplifier, if I wanted to build a mini-ITX gaming rig - water-cooled and all - is there either a monitor/keyboard/laptop-ish combo out there somewhere or a way to connect a rig to a laptop without losing any of the desktops full hardware power (i.e. CPU, RAM, GPU,etc.)?

Thanks!

In my opinion it can't be done. Only thing which comes to my mind is remote access via LAN to your PC, but I believe that there be some lag, which may affect on gameplay. But I heard about using remote access to make some FEA computations by connecting to strong workstation located somewhere else, but I don't know exactly how it worked.

Back