• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB ( 2x8GB ) DDR4-3200 CL16 1.35V - F4-3200C16D-16GVK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Here we have first test of memory kit designed for Skylake - G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVK , 2x8GB DDR4-3200 CL16-16-16 1.35V.

It's the highest so far memory kit available in 2x8GB kit. Soon we will see in the stores Trident Z 3400 but so far they're not available.
G.Skill is using about the same memory IC in most of the new, higher clocked memory kits which is Samsung.

Here is the link to product site -> http://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gvk
As you see there are new heatsinks and in this case are painted black ... the same as PCB or even thermal tape under the heatsinks.
Memory looks good, especially on the motherboard.

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

I've received this memory yesterday so for now I only had time to check that XMP profile is working without issues. There is only one profile which is of course enough for our needs.

Below is screenshot with results at XMP settings:

rjv.jpg

Last edited:
Overclocking Results

3333 16-16-16-36 1.40V

3333_140.jpg

3466 15-18-18-36 1.50V

3466_155.jpg

Just a little info for all interested in buying Z170 platform with this memory:
- on ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger you will be limited to DDR4-3333 and not so tight timings but memory is working fine at XMP
- on ASUS Maximus VIII Hero/Gene you will be limited to DDR4-3466 at quite tight timings, memory is also working fine at XMP
- on ASRock X99M Killer 3.1 I was able to set DDR4-3333 on 2 memory sticks ( I had only 2 ) but I think on 4 will work too, XMP is not working but was not designed for X99

Even though we see 4000+ results on Skylake then all approved 3600+ kits are 2x4GB. 2x8/2x16GB modules were tested only to about DDR4-3400. Considering that fact I think that Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200 memory is really good option. Even though it's based on Samsung IC, it works at pretty tight timings.

Thanks a lot for the post. I have been struggling to get information on these units.

I am in the process of getting the following:
Asus Z170-DELUXE
Intel Core i7-6700K
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB ( 2x8GB ) DDR4-3200 CL16 1.35V - F4-3200C16D-16GVK (This kit mentioned here)
Hydro Series™ H100i GTX Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

I was troubled after seeing that it seemed like it wasn't getting past 2133 in XMP profile. Wasn't booting into windows etc.

Do you think the setup I am going for will work well? Do you have any thoughts on it? I am a bit worried when spending this amount of money. =/

Do you think the cooler will be good enough?

Hope you can help :D

Last edited:
All seems fine. ASUS Deluxe is maybe expensive but it handles memory well ( the same as higher ROG boards ). Cooling depends from what do you expect but for 4.5-4.7GHz will be fine. These CPUs don't need any special cooling to reach this clock as stock voltage is around 1.3V and for OC you will need 1.35-1.4V max.

I like this Ripjaws V memory as it's the highest available 2x8GB kit at pretty tight timings and in reasonable price. Competition has nothing similar right now ( only 2x4GB kits ) and even lower kits have worse timings.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply and putting my mind at ease!

I can't wait to get this rig together and running! :D

I just got the same kit but in 2x4GB. Tests should be up soon :)

Couple of photos were added to the first post. I see I'm still missing lower clock results here so expect some update soon.
Even though some time has passed, it's still probably the best option for Skylake as it's the highest clocked DDR4-3200 2x8GB memory in still reasonable price.

Back