• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Flock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soulcatcher668

Anyone been looking at this?

It seems like a neat concept.

DESCRIPTION

The Flock is a first-person asymmetrical multiplayer thriller for 3 - 5 players. You get to play as one of the agile monsters that make up the Flock. Competing against the other monsters, you need to find and claim the Light Artifact. The player that finds the Artifact transforms into the Carrier, a slower and vulnerable humanoid. The game will feature three distinctive maps with their own tactics and level mechanics.

As the Carrier you need to fend off the Flock by shining your light upon them as they are attempting to gain the Artifact for themselves! The Flock are vulnerable to the Artifact's light, but turn to stone when they stand still; rendering them immune to the power of the Artifact.

When you are one of the Flock you must use your increased moveability to find the wandering Carrier. Stalk it, frighten it, and pounce when the moment is right.

POPULATION

The Flock will have a limited time to be purchasable. The time left for you to buy the game depends on the amount of Flock lives left in the game. We commit ourselves to a hands-off approach and put the lastingness of the game into your hands.

With each death in the game, one life will be taken from the Flock’s population. When the Flock’s population reaches zero, the game will never be purchasable again. Only players who have The Flock in their Steam library will then go to the next phase and be able to partake in the yet to be announced climactic finale. After the ending, the game will go offline permanently and no longer be playable.

It's 17 bucks at THE HUMBLE STORE and you get two codes.

The game starts next Friday.

I thought it was kind of cool so I thought I would share.......

*edit

Why not... I bought it. We will see.

Last edited:
I am giving away one copy of this game.

See THIS thread.

If I could giveaway the copy I bought, I would!

I was seriously let down by this game / concept. I feel like its lacking something or some sort of substance that would keep the audience playing it. At this point I am already well passed the entertainment factor, and with still well over 215 million deaths left to occur before the next stage of the game is out, I don't think we will see it ever.

The release was really botched. There was not enough content to keep it going.

Unfortunately, I don't think this game will recover even if it does greatly improve.

flock.jpg

LINK

:shrug:

Back