• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Distilled Water only for a week? 500GPH pump to clean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nodbone

Hello guys, i ordered Dazmode protector and I'm receiving it in a week. Is it okay to run Distilled water only for a week ?

Another question: is it okay to run a 500GPH fountain pump through my components to clean them? What's the most GPH i can run through my loop?

thanks!

I'd just run some sink water in it and shake it up a bit, flush and fill. I don't think it would damage anything though.

I want to build a loop with a water filter to test each item for leaks before putting in my computer. but at the same time i'm gonna use that loop to clean the whole computer loop.

You should build the loop and test it as it rests in your case... if you test it outside of the case, that tests the parts, but not after you put them together (fittings/tubing etc).

Methinks you are way overdoing it. Do the rad dance and rinse everything else with sink water, and an air compressor to dry them out. Rads should get a distilled water rinse to finish the dance. Build the setup in your case with all the parts, test with the PSU external to to case so the parts don't drip on it and jumpered to only the pump to fill and test. Lotta stuff in the stickies........

Build the whole PC first with no water parts installed, make sure it all works first and load test/test it all. Once good a week later, then install the watercooling.

Don't forget to record load temps in idle and load conditions BEFORE you watercool and do it again after. Then you'll get satisfaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello guys, i ordered Dazmode protector and I'm receiving it in a week. Is it okay to run Distilled water only for a week ?

Another question: is it okay to run a 500GPH fountain pump through my components to clean them? What's the most GPH i can run through my loop?

No. You need it right away. Once stuff grows it's hard to stop.

thanks!

you can pre rinse with the water hose on the side of the house, rinse it, fill with some water, shake,shake, shake.......shake, shake, shake, shake your booty, shake your booty. rinse with distilled water and dance one more time and you're done.
do this with the blocks also.
you dont have to play any KC and the sunshine band while doing the dance but some disco helps, well, not the bee gees.

Back