• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10+ AMD 15.7.1 driver lower FPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pcullinan88

First off I like to thanks in advance and give you my computer specs

FX [email protected]
Corsair H80i water cooler
MSI 970 Gaming AM3+ (motherboard)
G.Skill Sniper 1866 8GB(4gbx2)
XFX R9 280x 3GB OC black edition(TDBD)
Corsair AX760w PSU

I upgraded to windows 10 pro 64 from windows 7 pro 64 Monday Aug 10th. this is when I noticed my 3dmark score suffer 800ish points on Firestrike as well as most games a drop in FPS. Games are still very playable but I was under the impression windows 10 it self was going to be an upgrade in performance and even more so when games start to use dx12. I have reformatted windows and wiped both my SSD and HDD made a boot disc for windows 10. I have cleared cmos and I have made sure my CPU cores aren't parked. Made sure every power setting is High performance. went into ccc and put my power limit to +20. Any idea what the deal is???

Benchmarks now. (windows 10 amd 15.7.1 driver)
-Elder Scroll Online 50ish FPS Ultra 1080p
-Far Cry 4 38ish FPS Ultra 1080p
-3dmark Firestrike 6351
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8191546

Benchmarks (windows 7 amd 15.7 driver)
-Elder Scrolls Online 80ish FPS Ultra 1080p
-Far Cry 4 50ish FPS Ultra 1080p
-3dmark Firestrike 7269 (my video card does have a slight OC on this run but my score was pretty similar without the OC, I cant find my of my other runs)
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5386736

I just recently upgraded to win10 from win7 and same drivers 15.7.1 and really didn't see a FPS change one way or another really.....maybe 2-3 better on WOT which is my normal fix, titanfall and bf3-4 no change.........Do you have anything else running in background ?

With it being a clean install of win10 I shouldn't have anything running in the background. Hmm did u delete anything that came with win10?

ss1.png ss2.png

Its a clean install of windows I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Can run firestrike and turn crossfire off should be very similar scores be sides ur 4.6 OC.

I updated drivers, but have windows 7 ultra 64bit. I noticed a similar drop in score in 3d mark.

I run a similar 7950 3gb.

I have been searching for others with this problem on the internet and you are the first to agree with my findings on new drivers.

Your post confirms it is not worth upgrading to win10 just yet in my book.

A question that coincides with yours: Will updating to windows 10 ie: directx 11.3/12 improve fps?

From what I have read there are no improvement in FPS over 3% with the exception of people talking about certain games that are heavy CPU users ie: BF4 that will come out with updates along side DX 12 to help with cpu->gpu utilization.

I updated to these drivers a couple of days ago. I have found games to run 'smoother' graphically speaking. No drop in FPS for me that I have noticed either. OS is Win 7 pro 64 bit.

Back