• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK l120 Pump specs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nv1dia

Hi guys, this is my first post so i apologize if i'm asking lazy/retarded questions. I did some searching but couldn't find any definitive answers on the pump that comes with the R2.0 EK l120 kit. EK's website states it is a 100 DDC MX 3.1 PWM. problem is I am not sure what pump this is exactly. Is this a DDC 1? a DDC 2?

The reason im asking this, is i had problem this morning getting my pump to start, CPU hit the throttle limit several time till i figured out the pump wasn't spinning. I read one or two reports that a few laing pumps are unreliable on startup as well, mmy pump will take a second or tow to startup after power is applied. I got the pump to start operating again after draining some of the water. Could any of you shed light on this? I would like to know the pump model so that i can purchase a DIYINHK replacement PCB board for if/when this pump dies. DIYINHK.com shows a 60% increase in pump performance with the PCB upgrade too which makes me wonder if i should be upgrading just for that reason alone.

I do not believe this to be correct. The pumps wattage is determined from the PCB. Not from the magnetic coils. Also, research I have done shows that the DDC3.1 is not 6w.

I've bought DIYINHK pcb some time ago, but it didn't worked with my pump. There are two versions which have diffrent coils and pcb, so you have to check. If I remember correctly, on martinliquidslab there is some info about these PCB.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.
Yes, you can upgrade the pump. (you already know that now)
What you don't know is that it'll run super hot now. Heatsink the bottom or at least keep a fan pointed at it.
Life will be short if you don't. GL

How do you recommend I heatsink it? Also I'm not worried about heat damaging it too badly... Unlike stock this PCB has overheating protection

I'd hate to have to spend $30 just to cool a PCB haha. I stuck RAM sinks on there and a tiny fan. Maybe that will cool it down.

That's what I'm talking about! I happen to have a South ride heatsink just WAITING to be used haha. And I'm pretty sure the bottom of that pump Has holes to mount the heatsink >= )

Back