• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking GTX 960 4GB FTW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RunePenrod

Hi folks!

I've had this card foir a while now, and I managed to overclock it a little bit from what I know, by using EVGA Precision X. Here are the levels I was able to achieve:

Capture.PNG

What can I do to eek more out of it? Increase the voltage? How far? What else do I do? I feel like I could do more. I am playing on 3 ASUS monitors, and in game, my FPS drops. I am mainly playing Planetside 2.

Everywhere I search there are no actual results for a GTX 960 FTW 4 GB. I found some in this forum, but the settings diod not work for me.

I need help. :(

Every GTX 960 is overclocking about the same ( difference is mainly in GPU quality / ASIC ). All GTX960 have limited power target and that's the main issue. To make it higher you have to modify BIOS and set much higher value like 130-150%. Additionally you can raise power rail max wattage but probably it won't be required as there is 1x8pin + pcie = ~225W max, let's say 200W max with BIOS limits etc. for constant full load.

Other question is what software like GPU-Z is showing after overclocking in monitoring window. I mean there is 3D clock, boost 3D clock and real/maximum boost clock. Usually when you overclock then you see standard 3D clock as boost may vary depends from temps, voltage, power target etc.

Without special mods, this card will make about 1500-1550MHz max boost ( usually between 1300 and 1400 MHz standard 3D clock ).

Thanks for the reply Woomack. How does one modify BIOS for the card? If you have a suggestion for a different card, I'm all ears. Kind of thinking about going with 980 Ti or an AMD equivalent. What do you think?

Back