• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 8gb (1000mhz) 8000CL Bios Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CbaerBHunter

Dear Overcklock Users

I have a tiny problem with my RAM settings in Bios. I know this is no challenge for you guys , but i don't know how to reach my 1000mhz capability of my G.Skill RAMs. Bios shows me 800mhz (2x400) ganged mode on systemstart, if i set my CPU FSB clock higher, i get freezes.

My plan : Is it possible to get a stable system with those settings before i run my comp. My CPU is an AMD Phenom II 965 BE 3,4ghz and i am aiming for 3,9 - 4ghz : Mulitiplicator 15,5x ; CPU FSB (200) to 250 so RAM to get my 1000mhz and 3.9ghz CPU frequency. But how many Volts on the CPU vcore? I don't wanna set my comp in flames and i hope you people have an solution for me :D

Greetings CyberBH :attn:

It would help if we had more info like mobo details. That board may not run DDR2 1000 without upping the FSB. There's a good guide in my sig for overclocking the PII

Hi @Johan

I tell you the odds: (Speccy Software)

-Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA790X-DS4 (Socket M2)
-AMD Phenom II X4 965 Deneb 45nm Technology with Zalman CNPS 9700
-8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-15) G.Skill in ganged mode with 800mhz ffs :(
4x 2gb bars

OK I found this on your board, the last setting is for 800MHz so to achieve the 1000 you are after you will have to raise the HTT also with 4 stick of memory you'll likely want to raise the CPU_NB voltage a tad.

Hmm its says 1ghz but they meant 1,066ghz, if i set my RAM freq to 1066 my board does nothing (no boot , blackscreen), i have to reset BIOS CMOS. All right i will raise that HT link multiplicator a bit, lets see what will happen. What do you mean by a tad? +0,025v, +0,050v,+ 0.1v ?

GSkill Ram at 1066mhz runs a voltage of 2.0 - 2.1v which is very common. If your running only 1.8v, yu need to jack that up a bit. Most 800 sticks only run 1.8v stock with similar timings.

At 1000mhz, I'd still run that 2.1v / 2.2-2.4v is not uncommon for overclocking beyond these frequencies, but highly recommended that you actively cool your memory.

GSkill Ram at 1066mhz runs a voltage of 2.0 - 2.1v which is very common. If your running only 1.8v, yu need to jack that up a bit. Most 800 sticks only run 1.8v stock with similar timings.

At 1000mhz, I'd still run that 2.1v / 2.2-2.4v is not uncommon for overclocking beyond these frequencies, but highly recommended that you actively cool your memory.

@Shrimp
My memory voltage runs 1,8-1,9 right now , you think if i increase voltage i can set my memory frequenzy to (5.66) 1066mhz? i doubt it, i dont wanna cmos my board too much. (i have a antec 900 case with 3x 120mm vents and 1x 220mm vent, it shouldn't be a cooling problem)

BTW: my PhenomII 965 BE runs 4ghz with 55-58 degrees on fullload with a Zalman CNPS 9700 , i hope the temp is acceptable.

greetings :D

If you're happy with the ram just leave it then. Adding a few more MHz wouldn't be that hard but would also require you to change you FSB I imagine.
As for temps they seem OK but a lot of that depends on how you tested it. If you ran P95 for 2+ hours then I'd say you're fairly stable. If you tested with gaming or something light then it could be iffy. The first time it does some real work it might over heat

If you're happy with the ram just leave it then. Adding a few more MHz wouldn't be that hard but would also require you to change you FSB I imagine.
As for temps they seem OK but a lot of that depends on how you tested it. If you ran P95 for 2+ hours then I'd say you're fairly stable. If you tested with gaming or something light then it could be iffy. The first time it does some real work it might over heat

I think +200mhz on RAM will be noticed on running(opening) programms etc. :rain:

I found out bank cycle time (tRC) can't be raised from 25 to 45 in BIOS, like CPU-Z EPP#1 is telling me to do. Maybe thats the problem..... I would say i 've bougth trash RAM :D

If i change my CPU FSB i have to lower my multiplicators from 20x to 15x (to aim 3,9 - 4ghz) and raise CPU FSB to 250 to get an exact 1000mhz RAM frequency. This will work in Theory, but i don't wanna go practical on this theory ... like i said before trashcan RAM

Thx alot @ Shrimp and @Johan :) i ll keep an eye on this post , maybe you'll have some other solutions

I thought you were running at 1000 already, I assume from the last post that you're running 800. Then yes you would get a bit of a boost. Like I said before that board doesn't appear to have a setting for 1066 in bios so you would have to force it with FSB changes. Meaning it's more an issue with the board than the ram IMO

Back