• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-4790k temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With the same specs I have the same issues, just much worse. My temps are around 90-100 °C. I tried remounting the stock cooler and the Coolermaster too, but it didn't help. Is it possible that my sensors are broken, or did I just mess up the mounting like 4 times? :O

With the same specs I have the same issues, just much worse. My temps are around 90-100 °C. I tried remounting the stock cooler and the Coolermaster too, but it didn't help. Is it possible that my sensors are broken, or did I just mess up the mounting like 4 times? :O

What is your voltage set to now? Are you sure the cooler is making full contact to the chip? Not hitting the memory? I can't tell from your pic how close it is.

What is your voltage set to now? Are you sure the cooler is making full contact to the chip? Not hitting the memory? I can't tell from your pic how close it is.

Everything is at stock. CPU-Z is showing 1,213 V right now.

I can never be 100% sure, that it's making full contact, but I mounted it 2 times already, and the stock cooler also 2 times. Tried 2 different thermal pastes too. It doesn't make any contact with the memory. The airflow should also be satisfying, because it's outside the case right now (I got the same results in the case too).

What's really interesting, is the ~40 °C difference in the temperatures of different cores as shown below.
realtemp.JPG

I can never be 100% sure, that it's making full contact, but I mounted it 2 times already, and the stock cooler also 2 times. Tried 2 different thermal pastes too. It doesn't make any contact with the memory. The airflow should also be satisfying, because it's outside the case right now (I got the same results in the case too).

What's really interesting, is the ~40 °C difference in the temperatures of different cores as shown below.
View attachment 167980

Manually set your voltage down to 1.175...it should be fine at stock clocks and will lower your temps quite a bit. You can probably go even lower than that, but see how well that works for you.

View attachment 167980

I would contact Intel, having that spread is indicative of a bad IHS mount.

Back