• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4790k EKblock high temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
update, Ive decided to tear the whole loop down flush it multiple times, and rebuild it and do it right! no rushing, and Ill be sure to diagram it out and get input before I assemble. Man this patience thing sucks lol...

update, Ive decided to tear the whole loop down flush it multiple times, and rebuild it and do it right! no rushing, and Ill be sure to diagram it out and get input before I assemble.

:clap: +1 :thup:

Man this patience thing sucks lol...

Welcome to the custom water cooling world! :rofl: You'll hit some bumps down the road as we all have. You need patience when you're fiddling with electronics and fluids. Remember, no such thing as nonconductive fluids/water. :p

Also, once you start, you can't stop. You'll eventually grow this thing out and add a "few things" here and there to it. I sure know I have. :D

Don't feel bad. I just got done. Took two days to clean everything but my temps are ridiculously better. Look at my thread. I think your CPU block is wrong. It just looks like you got water going in, where it should be going out, I might be wrong, just check that. Stock temps under load on prime 95, temps only hit 60C max. Running 4.7 OC I think they hit like 70C. My AIO H100i almost cooked my CPU at stock clocks under load. I'll post the pics here before I go to work like you wanted, before and after. Make it as simple as possible with as less tube as possible so you get best flow. Less bends the better.

OLD loop
20150807_001823_zps82dqwfzi.jpg
20150807_001806_zps2mqmm8le.jpg

New loop
20150821_173938_zpsbeiocxlq.jpg
20150821_173950_zpsowwhw5yj.jpg

Looks great! Have my 4790k rig running at 4.7Ghz at 1.29 vcore using an EK Supremacy MX block. Runs cool. Have 2 Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290s with EK blocks in the loop. Using my trusty Watercool MO RA3-420 external rad and a Swiftech MCP MX35x pump/tube combo.

Looks great! Have my 4790k rig running at 4.7Ghz at 1.29 vcore using an EK Supremacy MX block. Runs cool. Have 2 Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290s with EK blocks in the loop. Using my trusty Watercool MO RA3-420 external rad and a Swiftech MCP MX35x pump/tube combo.
I can't get mine stable past stock. Idk much about oc cpu though.

Back