• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alienware Video Card Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Fri

I have an Alienware14 laptop with a GeForce GT 750M card. It appears that something is wrong with the card since it suddenly started glitching games (SW-TOR, LOTRO, Steam) at high/ultra resolutions and will only play at low res. It has 8 GB memory running Win 7. The video driver was updated but the problem started before the update.

How can I tell if the video card is bad? I think there might be a standard card on the MB which it's defaulting to. If so, that would mean either the GT 750 is dead or somehow it's not being detected anymore.

Have you checked the temperature it is running at? When was the last time you cleaned the dust out of the system?

Definitely need temperatures, use HWMonitor for this and please host the screenshot directly to the forum.

FYI - I fixed the problem by re-installing drivers. For some reason the laptop didn't recognize the video card. I thought the card had failed but installing the latest drivers fixed it.

Back