• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote Desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Azzkiller

Does anyone have ANY idea how to get this to work? I have 2 computers both running winxp pro on a LAN. One doesnt have a monitor, keyboard or mouse and is used as a server. So, I need some way to control it, and remote desktop should allow me to do so. But I cannot figure out how to access the PC. I set up remote desktop on the PC I want to acess, but the other computer cannot see it? It only sees itself. How do I enable this? Thanks.

u can use a program called VNC which runs over the net... u just use your IP, proggie is freeware too...

u can control your comp from anywhere using a web browser

could you use Norton PC Anywhere...or would it not be suited for this? I'm not that familiar w/ it...:confused:

yeah, Pc anywhere is good. It's loads faster, even on a lan. but it costs so if you were looking for a free option go with VNC. I've used it. It's pretty good.

Back