• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Star Trek 3-way-SLI Gaming PC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you for the support everybody!

I will always TEST components before hardlining. Yesterday I tested the PMP 450/S Vario speed D5 pumps and Koolance RP-452X2 Dual Bay Res Rev 2.0. You can set this up for dual or single loops. I like using this set-up because it's very efficient and saves space inside a chassis this size.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9m.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9o.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9n.jpg

Heres some examples I'm playing around with for paint and graphics. Spock's image may change. I want to mill a memorial plaque to place somewhere as well. Today I've been researching different ways to create illuminated LCARS screen that may go on this side or backside of chassis... Maybe as illuminated SSD cover..

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_graphics1.jpg

I think we are all waiting for a fully functional transporter in that thing. Great stuff, so far.

Glad you like it so far, and Thank you for the comments. I was thinking theres lot of things I could add, but editing myself or it will be too busy looking...

atm, thinking of doing LCARS design as SSD covers..

I'm leaning toward swapping the artwork to Enterprise-D, to make the overall theme more cohesive. Will loves his RAID array. 9x SSDs will require refining our mounting locations in the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, which shares same chassis Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Yesterday I modified the Phanteks factory 3.5" cage mounting base to a 2.5" cage with removable trays from a Supermicro S5 chassis. Using this cage will buy me 5 mounting locations (one on side) while clearing our Warp Core. After making all of the appropriate cuts, I scuffed the cage and base with Scotchbrite, applied SEM Self Etching White primer before applying Rustoleum Gloss White Enamel paint. Tentative plan for the remaining Five SSDs is to two mount two on backside of the Phanteks Luxe chassis and fabricate an illuminated shell for remaining three SSDs. This shell would have the LCARS display covers and be mounted behind the 5.25 bay with a window made in right access panel.

Steps in painting parts to match the White Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Pro/Primo chassis.

1. Scotchbrite surface to promote adhesion for the paint. (Not necessary to remove factory paint)
2. Clear off surfaces with Tack Cloth
3. Apply SEM Self Etching White primer, allow cure for 30 minutes
4. Apply 5 coats in 5 min intervals of Rustoleum brand Gloss White Enamel paint from Home Depot
5. Allow Rustoelum paint to air dry cure for 24 hours before handling
6. (Optional) Apply Matte Clear coat finish to paint.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage1.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage2.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage3.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage4.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage5.jpg

Prepped surface of the Supermicro PC 2.5" Drive cage for custom White paint with Red Scotchbrite, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gamin...buff-scuff-scotch/3m-scotchbrite-pads-en.html

3m_red_scotchbrite_pad_37447_07447_mnpctech_ya8s-xh.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage6.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage7.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage8.jpg

For anyone who already owns a White Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Pro, or Primo who is doing their own case mods, the White aerosol paint that I used is Rust-Oleum's "Stops Rust" line of paints, Model # 7792830, 12 oz. Protective Enamel Gloss White Spray Paint. It's very good match to the factory color. I do recommend applying 4 - 5 coats and topping it off with Enamel Clear to help protect the finish.

Rustoleum Product Page, https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_SSD_cage9_rustoleum_white.jpg

Awesome, and welcome to the forum!

I'll be trying out Prolimatech's "Ultra Sleek Vortex 12" 120 & 140mm fans. I'll do push/pull fan config on the front with low fin density 240 radiator. I'm still debating what I'll use for the top radiator. I've used their 120mm & 140mm Red Vortex fans in past builds and was pleased with their performance.

Factory page with details specs on the 120/140s, http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/index.asp?itemid=11

Dimension: 120 x 120 x 15mm
Bearing Double Ball Bearing
Net Weight: 91g
Fan Speed: PWM 400 ~ 1300 RPM
Noise Level: 7~17 dBA
Airflow: 56 CFM
Connector: 4 PIN PWM
Rated Voltage: 12 V
Rated Current: 0.12 Max. Amp
Input Power: 1.44 W
Input Current: 0.12 Max. Amp
MTBF: 100,000 h / 35℃ or 60,000 h / 60℃
Static Pressure: 0.9 mmH2O

120mm Ultra Sleek Vortex 12

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_prolimatech_vortex_fan1.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_prolimatech_vortex_fan2.jpg

140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex 14

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_prolimatech_vortex_fan3.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_prolimatech_vortex_fan4.jpg

Yes, and I like their quality.

I received test sample sheet of printed vinyl wrap on Friday. The USS Enterprise will be cut out from the sheet, then applied over the Two tone painted Blue stripes, before the panel will be clear coated with Urethane clear. I did a test piece with a scrap Fractal Design side panel, to confirm the Black ink wouldn't react the urethane. The crease in the sheet was easily removed by re-applying the backing paper. The artwork has really tiny details, so this approach saves lots of time versus weeding out a stencil and being hand airbrushed.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise_sticker2.jpg

Had inverted version made, just to see if I liked it instead of White over Black... still debating

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise_sticker1.jpg

TEST piece passed... (made sure Urethane clear wouldn't react to the Black ink)

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise_sticker3.jpg

I've decided to keep the other side simple and just go with the LCARS style blue stripes. I'm going to relocate the Nimoy image to the Black top grill, so I can have planet Vulcan airbrushed in the background. I shared a peek of this case in my latest VLOG. I also share my 2nd version of the clear replacement side panel for Phanteks Enthoo Primo.

I debated in the workshop before cutting the sheet and decided the White ship matched the overall theme best. My friend, Brad Galvin has been a huge mentor in teaching me custom paint techniques. I spent Thursday in his paint shop masking off the templates for right side panel and PSU shroud. The Enterprise NC-1701 font was found online and we used Brad's Roland Vinyl plotter to cut everything. We colored matched the two tone Blue LCARS style color bars to my concept drawing.*
phanteks_luxe_2_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_3_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_9g_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

The light Blue for the top LCARS color bar
phanteks_luxe_5_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

NCC-1701 vinyl will be weeded after Navy Blue paint coat
phanteks_luxe_6_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_8_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

phanteks_luxe_9_pro_star_trek_custom_paint_shroud.jpg

Next stage is applying the Enterprise decal, then clear coating the panels. The Enterprise decal saved a lot of time versus making a stencil to airbrush by hand. It was printed with UV ink, and requires an enamel clear coat to seal it first with 24 hr cure time, before you apply Automotive Urethane clear.

Back