• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Star Trek 3-way-SLI Gaming PC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MonsterMawd

I'm back in the workshop with another build. This will be a liquid cooled 3-way 980 GTX gaming system for a friend. I'll post photos of the hardware as it arrives to me. The theme will be inspired by Star Trek. I'll be performing some case mods to the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full tower case. I really like this case for it's features.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech.jpg

I'll be hardlining with 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID PETG tubing, Mnpctech offers 24" & 12" pre-cut tubes here, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-alp...ng/petg-tube-clear-bend-petg-tubing-mnpctech/

petg_tube_tubing_hardline_pc_bend_watercool_hammer_test_mnpctech1.jpg

Mnpctech created a full view replacement window panel to show off the hardware in his Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case. It's CNC machined from 3/8" thick 100% cast acrylic.

phanteks_pro_luxe_clear_window_panel_mnpctech_install1.jpg

Remove this Black factory case screw. You will replace it with the included Black Thumb screw included with the panel.

phanteks_pro_luxe_clear_window_panel_mnpctech_install2.jpg

The bottom of the clear panel has groove that mounts over the lip of the Phanteks chassis.

phanteks_pro_luxe_clear_window_panel_mnpctech2.jpg

The clear panel is mounted onto the chassis vertically, from the bottom first.

phanteks_pro_luxe_primo_clear_window_panel_mnpctech_washer1.jpg

The clear panel includes this custom made lock washer. The raised portion of the washer must be positioned over the clear panel.

phanteks_pro_luxe_primo_clear_window_panel_mnpctech_washer2.jpg

Use the included Black Thumb screw and lock washer to fasten in the clear panel.

phanteks_pro_luxe_clear_window_panel_mnpctech1a.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec1.jpg

I like the clean look of this Antec 380 front grill

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec2.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec3.jpg

The very 1st "Ph-antecs" case mod

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec4.jpg

Shrouding the Phanteks Luxe chassis is really easy....

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec5.jpg

Just make a cardboard template

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec6.jpg

Used my template to cut a piece of White opaque acrylic... everything took less than 30 mins... I will use adhesive backed velcro to attached the shroud, so it's easily removed.

Stay Tuned for more soon!

Thanks for checking out my project and commenting!

Will gave me license to adapt whichever Trek genre I wanted. I'm grabbing inspiration with a bit of the original series, cause I want to create an memorial plaque for Nimoy, and maybe the enterprise artwork from next gen, only because theres more higher quality artwork of the ship avail on the net. Next stage for this build was cutting a window in to chassis and shroud. This will be for viewing the Enterprise Warp Drive HD Activity meter. I used a Dremel with cutting wheel to make the first incision, then a Jigsaw with 18 TPI bi-metal cutting blade. The edges were filed before installing Black Edge trim u-channel on the chassis. I may place a Light Blue transparent window over the opening or leave it as is.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec7.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec8.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9a.jpg

Black U-channel Rubber edge trim for finishing window or fan cut-outs, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gamin...-window-rubber-trim-molding-cable-management/

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9b.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9c.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9d.jpg

One of my favorite cases and will likely be my next purchased case. I'll need to order a full window from you guys once I round that bend.

Great start on the new project. Sub'd to see where it goes.

That acrylic panel gives me some ideas I have a ton of 1/2" sheets of nice plexi laying around.

I'm digging that front panel mod, looks like it was designed for it!

Thanks for tuning in and commenting! ...Once you start seeing photos of Toys, I've already warped outside of the neutral zone

I mentioned starting another Star Trek theme project on Twitter and majority of responses suggested adding a Warp Drive. We already committed to using the Koolance RP-450X2 Dual 5.25in Reservoir, so a Warp Drive theme Reservoir didn't make sense. (I promise making one if I ever do a 3rd Star Trek theme PC) My 1st Trek build was for Comic-Con and David Gerrold, I partnered with Mike Okuda, who designed sets for the Next Generation series. The PC case was based on Spock's Tricorder. This Warp Drive from Playmates will serve as our Power and Hard Drive activity meter. I got this set for a song on Craiglist

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9d2.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9d3.jpg

@Mr. Scott, I'm honored to have you onboard this Modding Mission.

Last night I created Star Trek style badges for the rear 140mm exhaust and front bezel grill while binge watching the Walking Dead. I want a brushed steel look for both of these.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_badge1.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_badge2.jpg

Epoxied acrylic onto back of badges, to raise them off surface just a tad

120_140_overkill_fan_ring_computer_grill_mnpctech_game_of_thrones.jpg

120mm version Overkill fan ring from Ronnie Hara's "Game of Thrones" build. I've made 140mm version of the rear exhaust fan ion this build, PC Cooling Fan Grills, 80mm, 120mm, 140mm, 200mm, 230mm

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_badge3.jpg

Thanks for checking out the build and commenting!

The Enterprise Warp Drive will serve as our HD activity meter. I've cut Darkside RGB light strip to fit inside. I've modified the drive's door with clear acrylic window to view PowerLED mounted inside.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9e.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9f.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9g.jpg

Removed top of HD/SSD bay. The Warp Drive will be attached to this for easy installation or removal.

rgb_lights_darkside_bitfenix_cooler_master_corsair_gaming_pc_computer_case_mod_mnpctech_20.jpg

Darkside RGB light kits, http://mnpctech.com/pc-led-lights/

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9h.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9i.jpg

Superbright 5mm LED mounted insode Warp Drive door for indicating Power On.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9j.jpg

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9k.jpg

RGB light strip inside Warp Drive

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9l.jpg

More to come soon!

Back