• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Star Trek 3-way-SLI Gaming PC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Glad you like it! I really do appreciate the support guys!

Applied clear coat to the right side panel and PSU shroud last night. Starting on the top grill artwork today! :attn:

phanteks_clear1_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

phanteks_clear2_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

phanteks_clear3_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

Thank you for the kind word guys!

Brad airbrushed Spock onto top grill of the Phanteks Luxe yesterday...and cursed at me the whole time about "50% of my canvas is missing"...

phanteks_clear3a_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

phanteks_clear4_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

phanteks_clear5_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

8 or 16 BIT SPOCK?

phanteks_clear6_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

a couple of Social Rejects with their fanboy shirts

phanteks_clear7_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

Great work on the airbrusing, Spock looks great! The cosmic scene above him really ties this theme to the proper setting. I have loved seeing this build come together. :clap:

I had a little bit of a school girl laugh as a saw that post. Those are both completely ridiculous and absolutely amazing.

Very nice. But I'm wondering how well the second grill would work. Seems to be pretty solid where you would normally expect the air to flow. Looks pretty frickin' sweet though. LOL

EDIT:
I would love for you guys to make these. Bobba Fett for President!

bf.jpg

Last edited:
sorta like installing dubs on an SUV, thats why I call them Overkill grills...and Interesting suggestion too, and Jedi Alliance is next on deck..

Top panel and bezel, finished for the Phanteks Luxe. Nest step is wet sanding the clearcoat on the side panels this Thursday.

phanteks_clear8_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_enterprise.jpg

Did anyone else see The Martian this weekend? I'm calling it Ridley's Redemption for Prometheus :D

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9m.jpg

Steps in painting Koolance Rp-452x2 Reservoir faceplate

1. Medium grit sand paper to promote adhesion on face. (Not necessary to remove anodized surface)
2. Clear off surfaces with Tack Cloth, and Tape Off inside portion of plate
3. Apply SEM Self Etching White primer, allow cure for 30 minutes
4. Apply 5 coats in 5 min intervals of Rustoleum brand Gloss White Enamel paint from Home Depot
5. Allow Rustoelum Enamel paint to air dry cure for 24 hours before handling
6. (Optional) Apply Gloss Clear coat finish to paint (next step this weekend)

koolance_reservoir_fitting_paint_mnpctech1.jpg

I use 3M 233+ auto body tape. Great adhesion, no glue residue

koolance_reservoir_fitting_paint_mnpctech2.jpg

koolance_reservoir_fitting_paint_mnpctech3.jpg

I used a small touch-up brush on portions that didn't get fully covered with the tape.

koolance_reservoir_fitting_paint_mnpctech4.jpg

koolance_reservoir_fitting_paint_mnpctech5.jpg

Tomorrow I'll clear coat it.

Thank you don! RGB lighting installed in top panel. Very EASY and effective mod for accenting the "16 BIT Spock" airbrushed mural by Brad

phanteks_rgb1_top_panel.jpg

phanteks_rgb3_top_panel.jpg

phanteks_rgb4_top_panel.jpg

Back