• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two week old S6 wont turn on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

Last night the battery on my wife's two week old s6 died. She plugged it into the charger that came with it for two hours and tried turning it on. Nothing happened, she then realized it never came up with the charging screen. So she called me...I tried two other chargers/usb cables as well as pressing an holding almost every combination of the all 4 buttons, both with the phone plugged in and unplugged. I have her contacts backed up to Verizon but it would be nice to get her pictures off of it... any ideas?

have you tried power and volume down for 5 seconds?

I just tried it again both plugged in an un plugged. I also tried volume down and home for >30 seconds and nothing.

Wow, that's disappointing; sorry to hear about her phone. If holding the power button down and/or power button & volume down for >30 seconds does nothing, I think it might be kaput. I'd take it back to the carrier and see if they can get it to do anything so you can pull the photos.

Wow, that's disappointing; sorry to hear about her phone. If holding the power button down and/or power button & volume down for >30 seconds does nothing, I think it might be kaput. I'd take it back to the carrier and see if they can get it to do anything so you can pull the photos.

hmm i was thinking about getting the active version of that one. i think it might have an extra warranty sue to it being advertised as durable and for out doors.. might want to switch for that one if you put yours in a case anyway. sure it doesnt have a finger print scanner but most of my phones break from riding or getting splashed on lol. be careful not to say too much when returning it my cell provider loves to make everything my fault if i say the wrong thing.(att)

Back