• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me choose a new CPU COOLER

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin45998

ok so my friend gave me his old CPU when he upgraded my motherboard supports it i just dont have a cpu cooler for it i doubt im going to over clock but i need a cooler that will allow an over clock just incase the CPU is an Intel Xeon Processor W3690 3.46 GHz, 12MB cache, 1333 memory, 6.4 GT/s QPI, Six-Core, HT, Turbo what after market cpu cooler do u recomend

If your not going to OC much a hyper212 will work just fine, You should thank your friend thats one heck of a free cpu even for its age. What is your budget for a cooler ?

To Elaborate on you PM, You need to think about getting a bigger Power supply depending on what GPU you plan on getting, 475w is gonna be on the smaller end for a hex core Westmere system.
I don't know what kind of gaming you do but the new line up from Nvida is very appealing for performance per Watt and AMD as always is good performance per dollar. Cards like the Gtx 960 are good for mainstream gaming at 1080p but I don't really know your needs.

i have an xbox 360 for my gaming needs so as long as the GPU can run star trek online with decent frame rates im happy

Back