• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for ATX CUBE CASES Mountain Mods, CaseLabs, HAF etc..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrokenPC

Registered
Hi. I have been looking at ATX cases where the motherboard sits horizontal.. And other than small desktop / HTPC cases, we seem to step up to cases that are 20" deep or more. I just want to put together a new Skylake build with a big air cooler (150 mm) and a GTX980ti etc but have no desire to fill it with Rads and Water, BTDT / GTTS. Besides Mountain Mods & CaseLabs Is there anything else out there? I don't need 20 drive bays or 5 1/4 slots filled with blanks. I wouldn't mind one 5 1/4 slot in it but I would rather have none than two let alone 10 of em like Linan Li. I understand the need for height in a horizontal case due to the power supply under the mobo and a bit of space on top but 20" deep just leaves a lot of empty space when you are on air.

Cooler Master HAF XB should fit the bill.

Also check out the Thermaltake Core X9 though it's a bit more money and considerably more money.

Thanks!

The Cooler Master HAF is almost it. Not much use for those butt fugly drive bay holes. That Core X9 is HUGE. Mountain Mods H2Go would do the trick if it wasn't just so ermmm "quaint". This is an underserved market in my opinion.

I have a haf xb, I like it.
I run it with no optical drives, if you like to tinker with your rig it's really pretty good.
just watch the depth of your psu, it can get right snug behind the hdd bays.

Last edited:
Thanks Blaylock thought he asked for mATX ..... fixed. User error on search function.

Last edited:
Well, I had done a fairly thorough search before and have now done a ridiculous search and there just isn't anything out there that I can see better than the HAFXB. I think I can learn to live with it I guess. Thanks Everybody.

I really like mine, it's an htpc at times, a bench rig, and sometimes even just a case.
I hope you grow to enjoy yours as much as i do mine.

Well...

I really like mine, it's an htpc at times, a bench rig, and sometimes even just a case.
I hope you grow to enjoy yours as much as i do mine.

Well, I didn't end up getting it. I did get my Skylake system, have it set up on my coffee table but no case yet. I bought a Caselabs S8S.

Which I know is goofy big, It could be about 5" less in depth and still work fine for me.. I dunno.

Anyways, I got my Intel SSD up and Running with SLI too, I just had to install the hyperkit into a PCI slot, seems to work fine. A little fugly.

Back