• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on reservoirs and one pump question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rhymer362

Registered
Guys what are your favorite and best made reservoirs . I am currently looking at aquacomputer res but wanted some opinions . Also I am getting ready to run my loops going with 2 loops one 480 mm x 40mm thick one reservoir, ray storm cpu block on one and same besides evga hydro copper 980ti on the other. My question is I'm going with the koolance rp452x2 reservoir drive bay with pumps . Are these pumps enough pump for my loops.

Res looks okay I guess. The pumps you will be using on these is the standard D5 vario/PWM pumps I suppose. Yes they are good pumps, and enuff for sure with your setup.

Why two loops? We got away from that quite a while ago. No need for two loops. Or two pumps.

Two loops and two reservoirs, waste of money imho but if you must, have at it.

For dual loops, I've seen cylinder reservoirs used more often.

As far as great looking reservoirs. I like the dual bay Monsoon Series Two reservoir since it has builtin LEDs and gives it a nice look. XSPC makes a nice reservoir called the photon but there are other bigger reservoirs out there as well.

I am going with 2 loops because I for one have a 900d case and I need to take up some room inside the case and for 2 my color scheme wanting to go with mayhems white or silver aurora on the gpu loop and red aurora on the cpu loop. Also wanting to do a bay type pump/resouvor to give something neat to look at in the front of the case . Now I'm just trying to decide what type of tube reservoiur I am going to go with to fill that space .

I am going with 2 loops because I for one have a 900d case and I need to take up some room inside the case and for 2 my color scheme wanting to go with mayhems white or silver aurora on the gpu loop and red aurora on the cpu loop. Also wanting to do a bay type pump/resouvor to give something neat to look at in the front of the case . Now I'm just trying to decide what type of tube reservoiur I am going to go with to fill that space .

I do as well. Check in my signature, you'll find my 900D build log. I only run a CPU + single GPU which I plan to upgrade some time down the road to two GPUs in SLI on my existing overkill of a single loop. I've upgraded some of the components since than but the cooling system is pretty much the same. Again, your reason to use 2 loops because its in a big case doesn't justify it. Two loops were used way back in the days when H20 wasn't as efficient as it is today and components ran like power plants.

Why are you using colored fluids? Do you know the consequences of not up keeping a colored fluid loop? If we want color, we use colored tubing.

Don't take this the wrong way but my hunch says you've seen some amazing show rigs and want one yourself. What you haven't done is do enough research on it all. Show rigs are for shows while your 24/7 desktop gaming rig should be treated as such. You could build a "show rig" without 2 loops and colored fluids that will save you lots of cash and headaches while lessening the chances of your loops performance of declining over time, let alone ruining some of your H20 gear.

Last edited:
Back