• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATX HTPC case that fits TRUE 120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

hey guys, i have a computer that i wish to put into an htpc case, have been looking around for a bit, but nothing i can find is tall enough to fit a TRUE 120 Extreme, which is the heatsink i plan on using with the CPU.
anyone heard of an htpc case that would fit the true, but still just looks like a component? to have the pc at the TV, and have the gf okay with it, she says it has to be in a box that doesnt look like a computer.
i love the look of the silverstone cases, but they are about 25.5mm too short for what i need!
if the cost is too high, then i will just bite the bullet, and buy a new cpu cooler, but hoping to reuse what i already have.

What do you mean by ATX HTPC case? Does it have to fit a full size ATX motherboard?

Yes. It needs to fit an atx mobo. I can't find anything tall enough, have actually started to look for a new CPU cooler to use instead.

It's gonna be difficult to find a case that size that looks like an A/V component and not a computer.

EDIT: If it's a true HTPC wouldn't a CM212 suffice? If so the Silverstone GD05B-USB3 would be a good fit(though you'd lose the ODD).

It's gonna be difficult to find a case that size that looks like an A/V component and not a computer.

EDIT: If it's a true HTPC wouldn't a CM212 suffice? If so the Silverstone GD05B-USB3 would be a good fit(though you'd lose the ODD).

Cm212 would suffice, but I was hoping to reuse parts I already have, and for heatsinks I have a true120 and the stock Intel heatsink. Stock Intel is too loud and too hot for my liking. I have given up on finding a case that will fit the true, and will keep an eye out for a good deal on a 212, or similar instead.

I plan on doing the same here in a few months. I'll be using the new Noctua NH-L9x65 or NH-L12 (still undecided) and the Silverstone GD05B-USB3.

Back