• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need wiring help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

Not actually a computer mod but have tried to upgrade the cooling on my S10 pickup. I got the parts online and many were made in China. Got a Taurus dual speed fan and controller. I had issues from the start because of the Chinese relays that I got online. Of the three I got one was stuck open, one shut and one worked. It took a long time to figure out that the relays were bad but once I did it worked for a few days. I had the fan to kick on high speed with the AC but after a while the 50 amp breaker would kick off and the fan would quit. I bypassed the breaker and got new 70 amp relays and now it won't work? It is wired the same but every time the AC is turned on it blows a 10 amp breaker in the fuse box. I have it wired using part of a diagram that was posted online and integrated the diagram that came with the controller that I got online. Here are the diagrams that I used. The one drawing is the one that came with the controller at the top and I drew in the other relay, I added the terminal number connections on the drawing to show how it was wired. I think that the problem may be that the temp switch only has a single pole and when triggered by temp makes it ground completing the circuit. I can't find a single pole temp switch diagram with an AC option and cannot figure out how to get it working with the parts that I have. There are only a few controllers that can handle the amps from a Taurus fan without bigger relays and wiring and even fewer that use a thread in temperature switch. I am hoping that someone here can make out my drawing and see what is wrong.

The drawing is hard to make out but I have written the relay pole positions in at the top so you may be able to see what is wrong.

Attachments

• 182178d1404823733-ford-contour-e-fan-wiring-diagram-dual_speed_fan_diagram_v3.jpg
    182178d1404823733-ford-contour-e-fan-wiring-diagram-dual_speed_fan_diagram_v3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 47
  • wireing-4.jpg
    wireing-4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Temp switch is the problem. You need DP.
You need +12v to the temp switch, heat closes switch, sends +12v to 85.
Right now when heat closes the switch it's grounding 85.
Using a Taurus temp switch and a threaded adapter would be the cheap way out.

You cannot do it with what you have already.

This should help you. Same principle.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/ford-taurus-wiring-solution-cheap-1325896/

Last edited:
Back