• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best laptop for $200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

90VetteDan

Registered
Hello,

I'm wondering what the best laptop on the market is for $200?

The uses of this laptop would be rudimentary tasks like checking email and using Skype.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Nothing. Nice find.
You don't get much laptop for $200. Tablet is a better choice IMO.

Not doubting, you, just wondering why? I would imagine that laptop you showed would be superior to those tablets no? (In both performance, and connectivity; as meager as they are...)

Not doubting, you, just wondering why? I would imagine that laptop you showed would be superior to those tablets no? (In both performance, and connectivity; as meager as they are...)
Eh, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. They're about equal so I would take the more portable item with the longer battery life.

You can always get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse/touchpad with a case that holds it all and essentially end up with a laptop later on if you get a tablet. Decent tablets can be had for $120, and Android tablets in the $200 range are pretty awesome. A decent laptop is going to usually cost around $600, though you can find deals on them for closer to $300 sometimes. In this price range, a tablet is the better option.

Eh, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. They're about equal so I would take the more portable item with the longer battery life.

Im sure it is. Just seems like software would make the laptop more conducive to own over just a tablet. Im sure the app store is quite packed at this point though.

Back