• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My monitor sometimes after long time turns off ,even with "never" turns off disp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sew333

My monitor sometimes after long time turns off ,even with "never" turns off disp

Hello all. I have a little problem. When I'm inactive, the monitor sometimes after long time period, automatically goes to sleep mode & I have to press a key or move my mouse for my screen to come back. Its not always but it happens.
My power settings are set "never" turn off display and never put the computer to sleep.Also not any screensavers.
My monitor is Benq 1920x1080 60 HZ , graphic card is Asus Strix 980 Ti.
Any ideas why it happens sometimes? Its not regularly, one time it not goes to sleep mode which is ok, but second time it will goes to sleep mode.
Any ideas? Also i checked monitor options and AUTO POWER OFF is OFF.
I am using Windows 7 X64 SP1.

Any ideas on what else could be turning off the monitor after some indeterminate amount of time and not always?

Last edited:
My screen sometimes goes blank after a period of inactivity ( like 8 hours )? And sometimes not!. My monitor screen just turns off ( yellow light ). Then i just turn my mouse and screen goes back to normal. ITS TOTALLY RANDOM!

I have disabled all sleep functions.
I disabled the screen saver and I disabled theOPTION of the OS turning off the screen. Yet, the screen will still turn itself off after a period of inactivity. I'm currently using a BENQ G2250. All powerSAVING option is disabled in monitor menu.
Due to inactivity my monitor can shut off after 13 hours , but sometimes he dont shut off after for example 14 hours.
Any clues? Its a bug in windows?

Also i had the same problem on my second computer ( other mainboard, other monitor, other ram, other ram, other graphicCARD , other processor ). Totally different pc and the same problem.

So its not computer issue for me. Did you have any clue then?

The screen will still randomly turn itself off after a period of inactivity despite all of sleep settings turned to NEVER

I understand that it is a question, but is the screen going to sleep after 8+ hours of not being used an issue? If they aren't actively being used I have my monitors go to sleep after 30 minutes, no reason to waste the energy/electricity.

I understand that it is a question, but is the screen going to sleep after 8+ hours of not being used an issue? If they aren't actively being used I have my monitors go to sleep after 30 minutes, no reason to waste the energy/electricity.

some kids need a night light Janus. Id be scared if i woke up at 4am and my room was pitch black.

Back