• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Toshiba L355D Satillite - Overclocked and running solid on Windows 10!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

storm-chaser

Disabled
This laptop is on the heavy side and OLD but still running strong after all these years. I recently upgraded to an OCZ Vertex Plus SSD and upgraded the processor to an AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-84. This is a great little CPU and has 2MB L2 cache. You can also use K10STAT to keep both cores running at a full 2.3Ghz, while under volted to 1.100v. Runs around 185* F on average. You have to run K10Stat as a scheduled task for auto start up and took some minor tweaks but I've got to say once dialed in it runs speedy, keeps up well with windows 10, and works well for standard web browsing, email, videos, etc. This laptop should have long ago been retired, but with a few little upgrades it's still keeping up with the latest and greatest.

I would highly recommend anyone with a K10 based CPU check out this handy little program, K10STAT. Its great and offers undervolting and overclocking potential for some of these laptops that have limited bios tuning ability.

cpuz.JPG bench.JPG k10stat.JPG task schedule.JPG

Back