• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

northbridge temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I also scraped off the roasted paint on the motherbord tray, the stink of that was the first clue that someting was amiss.
no reason to repaint it, paint never sticks to scorched metal........... boo, hoo,hoo.

I also scraped off the roasted paint on the motherbord tray, the stink of that was the first clue that someting was amiss.
no reason to repaint it, paint never sticks to scorched metal........... boo, hoo,hoo.

Pics?

Is the mobo all bubbly from the heat?
Sounds like some serious damage was done :)

the boards fine, just the paint under the nb. it's just a cheap thermaltake case so no loss.

will a toasting nb cause errors in memtest or is my 1333 ram shot, 2500 errors in ten mins.

the boards fine, just the paint under the nb. it's just a cheap thermaltake case so no loss.

will a toasting nb cause errors in memtest or is my 1333 ram shot, 2500 errors in ten mins.

Try some known good RAM caddi. Maybe borrow one stick from sugabee's pc??

with the rip jaws 1333 i got 2500 errors in ten mins, with the roasting nb.
with the crappy kingston set to 1333 i get 0 errors.
should i just trash the ripjaws or bother to retest it?

I just picked up another sabekitty, I guess I'll throw in the thuban and test it all one stick at a time.

CD if they are G.Skill just RMA them. I've sent 2 sets back to G. Skill and to quote Tony the Tiger , They're great! :D

ok, ram mem test all weekend on all 4 sticks in the saberkitty, not one error recorded.
makes me wonder whats up with the gigabyte board.
parts for my new monster build should start arriving this week so I won't have time to dork with this for a while.

ok, ram mem test all weekend on all 4 sticks in the saberkitty, not one error recorded.
makes me wonder whats up with the gigabyte board.
parts for my new monster build should start arriving this week so I won't have time to dork with this for a while.
Were you using the same Cpu on both boards? Was the Kitty Cpu Nb Voltage the same as the Giga board? Maybe the LLC on the kitty was kicking the DRAM Volts or Cpu Nb V higher? What monster build?

cpu, thuban.
no adjustment to any settings, just plugged it all in and ran mem test.
the bee says one rig at home, so I have speced what i want to be abe to do here at the house, what I do at the shops in more time.
he's going to put it over against the wall, across from the a/c vent.
I'll know what it is when he gets done, I just can't run from shop to shop any more, I'm old and it's killing me right now.

it was having issues on a complete other rig, it was a gigabyte board and a 965.
I have had no issues, it all passed a day or two of memtest in a sabertooth with a 1090t.
what should I test next?
I had the lectrsion come out and check the wiring at the house and he says that I am maxed out and in no way should i build a monster here due to the wiring in the subdivision.

it was having issues on a complete other rig, it was a gigabyte board and a 965.
I have had no issues, it all passed a day or two of memtest in a sabertooth with a 1090t.
what should I test next?
I had the lectrsion come out and check the wiring at the house and he says that I am maxed out and in no way should i build a monster here due to the wiring in the subdivision.
Could be the IMC on the 965 is a bit weak. They as you know are usually weaker then the Thubans. Could also be the gigaboard isn;t setting the subtimings correctly. R U running the latest BIOS on the Giga? As far as maxed out wiring, get another house. ;)

oh, my gawd, don't give my bee anymore ideas......... I hate this house with great passion.
I do have to admit this smaller place takes up much less time than the other and right now that's a good thing.
on the other hand I can't just do what ever I want when ever I want, we has those things called nieghbors you know.
so now I guess I have to pull the thuban and throw in the 965 with the 1333 ram, correct?

Back