• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop for Video Streaming (Youtube 720p) (at least 720p)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

The person that I know of, wants to upgrade laptop.

They said the laptop that they are currently using is slow on Internet and watching streaming Internet video (YouTube 720p & etc.) so they want to upgrade to new laptop.

Which laptop should they updgrade?

This is the specification of the said laptop:
1. CPU: 2.5GHz/1.9GHz VISION A4 Technology from AMD with AMD Dual-Core A4-3300M
2. CPU Cache: 2MB L2 Cache
3. Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 DIMM)
4. Memory Max: Maximum supported = 8GB
5. Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6480G Discrete-Class Graphics
6. Video Memory: Up to 2037MB
7. Hard Drive; 320GB (5400RPM)
8. Multimedia Drive: SuperMulti DVD Burner
9. Display: 14.0” diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
10. Network Card: Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
11. Wireless Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WLAN
12. Sound: SRS Premium Sound with Altec Lansing speakers
13. Keyboard: Full-Size Keyboard
14. Pointing Device: Touch Pad with Multi-Gesture Support and On/Off Button
15. External Ports:
Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital and Multimedia cards
3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
1 HDMI
1 VGA (15-pin)
1 RJ -45 (LAN)
1 Headphone-out
1 Microphone-in

This slow down.. does it happen when using wireless AND hard wired? If so, I would imagine they need to get faster internet. What is their Down/Up speeds?

This slow down.. does it happen when using wireless AND hard wired? If so, I would imagine they need to get faster internet. What is their Down/Up speeds?

They are using wireless for their store inside the market and they use wireless Internet from neighbor store (uses AT&T Internet) that is right next to their store.

The speed of Internet, I don't know their speeds, cause they also don't know of it, cause of above reasons.

So they are sharing wireless with a neighbor... I would assume that is the cause. The only way to find out is to direct connect to their modem/router and see if the problem persists.

But chances are, a new laptop is not remotely the answer for this problem.

So they are sharing wireless with a neighbor... I would assume that is the cause. The only way to find out is to direct connect to their modem/router and see if the problem persists.

But chances are, a new laptop is not remotely the answer for this problem.
Oh, ok

Oh, for got to say. They said it was working totally fine until few days ago, which is like more then 5 years that they shared neighbor's Internet and it was working fine until few days ago.

The problem started to happen since few days ago.

In the above, when I said slow down, it also means it lags when they watch 720p streaming videos.

I thought better hardware would give you least faster or better performances?

It depends on what the problem is. Understand that if the hardware was good enough 6 days ago, it is good enough now. I suppose the same thing goes with the internet, but, that can be variable as well. Perhaps someone is stealing the wifi/bandwidth? Perhaps the owners of the wifi/bandwidth started using more?

I still don't think its hardware.

It depends on what the problem is. Understand that if the hardware was good enough 6 days ago, it is good enough now. I suppose the same thing goes with the internet, but, that can be variable as well. Perhaps someone is stealing the wifi/bandwidth? Perhaps the owners of the wifi/bandwidth started using more?

I still don't think its hardware.
Oh, ok.

Guess owner of wifi/bandwith started using more, cause the wifi has password lock on it and no one in the market could still the wifi/bandwidth.

Who knows? Maybe they are saying they having that problem that they asked me about, for the excuse to get new laptop.

Just in case the problem that they are having for their laptop is excuse to get new laptop, can you recommend upgrades for their laptop?

Laptop specification is in the first thread of this one.

I would go to the laptop MFGs website and see what you can upgrade to. I have no idea what can/cannot be upgraded on that laptop. Seems they have plenty of memory and horsepower to stream 720p...

I would go to the laptop MFGs website and see what you can upgrade to. I have no idea what can/cannot be upgraded on that laptop. Seems they have plenty of memory and horsepower to stream 720p...

Sorry for not clarifying.

I think when they meant upgrade laptop, they meant brand new laptop.

The brand new future proof (ex. USB 3.0/3.1 +) (Currently only have USB 2.0) laptop for them to stream 720p from their work and "also from their house".

Additional info: They just told me they have Cable Internet that has the speed of 75Mbps. And they are using that laptop they mentioned having problem at their house too.

Last edited:
Something happened on that laptop then... I would look to find out what happened there (no idea...id reformat windows and go from there).

Oh ok.

For the future proof, it would easy them for just get brand new laptop, right?

Cause that laptop only have several USB 2.0 ports.

Cause money isn't their problem I think.

Yeah.. still don't see a NEED to upgrade.. I would imagine a reimage/reformat would take care of things.. But its up to you since 'you' are 'fixing' it.

Yeah.. still don't see a NEED to upgrade.. I would imagine a reimage/reformat would take care of things.. But its up to you since 'you' are 'fixing' it.

Actually, I'm not directly fixing it.

They are living in far different "State" as I do.

So, I'm just giving them SNS advice.

The every info I listed here is what I got from them via SNS.

So, basically it's up to them, if they want to fix and live with current features of their laptop, or buy brand whole new laptop to have future proof.

So, I will tell them to decide what are they going to do.

Of course you were very helpful.

So, I should thank for your help.

Please stop saying "future proof", and especially in regards to a laptop lol.

For streaming videos, and typing documents, a "future proof" laptop is a laughable waste of money. If the laptop is old and dying, then yes, a new one would be prudent; but you already seem super predisposed on getting some super high quality laptop.

Since this is a proxy service essentially, heres what you need to find out...

1) is their old laptop REALLY warm?
2) do they have the capacity to clean the thing?
3) If they are unwilling to invest some TIME into it, get us a realistic budget.
4) after a budget, where will they be buying? What country or "state" as you say is this for? That can change things quite a bit.

I am using toshiba L775 with wireless internet connection but it's running to much slow i don't know what is the reason behind it ? anyone there who can help me about this

welcome to the forums!

There are a couple of first steps to getting help.

To get more eyes looking at looking at the issue, start a new thread in this section.

We need the complete specifications of what what is in the laptop. Bob4933's signature has a good idea of what we need. Also, what operating system you are running.

Next, fully describe the problem. running slow could indicate many different areas. It could be many things ranging from hardware, software to internet connection.

Again, welcome and this will help up to help you.

Back