• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XSPC water cooling setup feedback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tornadomaniac

Just ordered these

XSPC ray storm block

XSPC EX240 rad

XSPC X20 750 res and pump

And their tubbing and fittings

Think this will perform well? Give me some input

Plan on throwing a tec in the loop later on to chill the water will this pump handle extra block in loop

Those kits are nice but I would make sure its their latest pump version, me thinks its still v4 and replace the tubing to PrimoChill Advanced LRT as the XSPC tubing is known to cloud up.

Not familiar with TECs but I'd keep an eye on your loop if you go sub-temps (Condensation).

To use the TEC you'll have to double the rad to get the same cooling. For example, 100 watts to cool + 100 watts of heat created by the TEC + room to spare. A 120x2 rad can dissipate about 200 watts but temps won't be that good.

The 120x2 of raddage is about the same cooling as a high end air cooler with two good fans at 2000+ RPM. You won't see great gains in cooling, but you will see some.

The TEC is a fully different animal. Gotta be careful, some good info in the sub-ambient cooling subforum.

I plan on using a 4x140 rad to cool hot side of tec and use the cold side with a water block to chill the water as it leaves pump/res on way to cpu

image.jpg
image.jpg

Pressure tested I left in and out to radiator long to add tec in line right after rad on way to cpu and cool that with a second loop and also gpu cooling in the future with another radiator but it will be a 360mm

you'll see better temps 4x140mm rad alone than you will by adding that tec to it. the results of tec's added heat to the rad will most likely diminish the cool you'll get. I played around with tecs alot in the early 2000's and trust me when I say it aint worth the extra power you need to power the tec. I hope you understand I'm not knocking you but trying to save you some headaches. Now if the tec hot side cooling was on a different rad than the cpu's block you'll see a marginal gain. Simply because your not adding the tec's heat to the cpu loop. And then theres the what if I get below ambient concern. With most tec's you dont get that cool until you start adding more and more. Then you have to worry about condensation.

But my major point is tec cooling isnt worth the minimal gain if any you'll get from spending the extra on parts and electricity to power them.

Back