• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of graphics options are user customizable on XBones and PS4's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

Do PS4 and XBone users have the same gamut of graphics options that the Nvidia control panel or Catalyst Control Center have available? I'm looking for options like the type of AA (e.g. SSAA, MSAA), level of AA, texture filtering options, anisotropic filtering options, LOD detail levels. Do XBone and PS4 support OpenGL games?

No graphics options besides resolution.
They support games made for the consoles...

Xbone/s? LOL. I have to laugh nearly every time I see that.

Anyway, yeah, never do I recall a console EVER having the ability to change that stuff. Granted, I missed out on consoles from N64 until the Xbox, but... yeah, I don't recall ever seeing any setting like that ever on a console.

Do you not play consoles mags?

Very very few games give any major options for video settings.

I believe some allowed toggling 60fps vs 30fps, 2d vs 3d, fov settings, etc.

None that i'm aware of allow AA or AF to be altered.

Xbone/s? LOL. I have to laugh nearly every time I see that.

Anyway, yeah, never do I recall a console EVER having the ability to change that stuff. Granted, I missed out on consoles from N64 until the Xbox, but... yeah, I don't recall ever seeing any setting like that ever on a console.

Do you not play consoles mags?

I've played some cross platform titles on Xbox 360, but only for couple of hours at most.

COD: modern warfare is the only one I remember and it looked just as bad on the 360 as it did on my PC (lot's of low res textures).

Back