• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc'ing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueknight1960

Registered
When it comes to oc'ing the cpu,is it better to leave the bclk at 100 and up the core on the cpu or up the bclk and keep the cpu at a lower limit? For example--bclk-100---cpu-46 or bclk-105 and cpu-44.

The power limit has nothing to do with the BCLK... but that aside, it is really six of one, half dozen of the other as far as your question. I personally just go by multi only just to keep it simple.

Thanks. I had the bclk at 100.5 and cores at 46 which gave me a little over 46. I also oc'ed my graphics card and after getting it set, I would get a bsod every now and then. So now my graphic card is back at default settings. Now I'm playing around with the cpu just to see want I can get it up too. What is the absolute highest voltage my cpu can take? Mind ya chances of me doing it are slim to none,but was just wondering. Can't afford to be burning up my cpu.

Not sure if I'll get an answer but, I had my cpu oc'd to 4.6ghz at 1.25v with temps in the high 50's to low 60's using seti@home. Now I have the cpu at 4.7ghz at 1.33v with temps in the high 60's to mid 70's using seti@home which is the hardest my cpu is used. Is it worth it to have the extra voltage for a .1ghz increase? I've tried using lower voltage but it was not stable,even at 1.32v it bsod.

Back