• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HWBot scoring.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Looks like they changed things up again at the Bot. Don't know about you guys but it has worked out great for me. I'm now #2 on the team :clap:

bot1.JPG

I think I made all 3 submissions in last 2 months :p ... I also see that for some competitions I got no points. I think that team cup points will be added later if they will be at all as OC Sports page is showing it as a team, not personal points.

Yeah there's a break down of the point system somewhere I read over there. It just seemed confusing to me. They really want the OCesports points to count but they gave it a system to try and make it fair. Plus they only count the last 365 day for OCesports. The team cup will be given to all members who participate based on the teams overall standing.

EDIT: here's the link http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...&txt=http://oc-esports.io/#!/rankings-details

I like the idea, I lost a few spots I think, but overall a good way to get people to participate in the competitions.

I lost a ton of places, LOL.

Yeah you did even one of our rookies is beating you E_D. :eek:

I like the idea, I lost a few spots I think, but overall a good way to get people to participate in the competitions.

I think so too, the competitions are a big part of what keeps people going without actually buying new stuff all the time.

Just the competitions are getting dumber each year. I mean people wish to participate but many don't want to take part in something like ... buy MSI/ASUS/GB mobo/graphics card to have a chance to win almost the same mobo/gfx card. These competitions are pure marketing. Also almost always are winning the same guys sponsored by GB/ASUS/MSI.
There are also many stages in other competitions where is required something like R5 230 or cpu like i3 4330 only to make 1 benchmark run. People who have access to office hardware in their companies or are working in distribution will post results, others won't spend $100 to make 1 benchmark.
I see who is participating in all these competitions and I always see the same names on the top of the list with many single submissions from others. For me it's not motivating and I see I'm not alone. I take part mainly in competitions for the team or when I see that something can be fun.

I remember that this idea of points was in plans couple of times about 3-4 years ago. Then overclockers didn't want that and in some part mods also didn't want that. There was a poll last year when all decided it's bad idea that's why they changed all system ... and now they back to the ideas which they didn't like ?
I have nothing against this system but I don't like the part where points are counting only for 1 year. It's promoting people who spend money on new hardware and often have no skills ( also smells like marketing ). In many competitions you can make good points only because you have expensive hardware. So all those who made great results but over a year ago will be forgotten ? In this case it will be like you made #1 result during the big competition ... but who cares, it was over 1 year ago.

I think so too, the competitions are a big part of what keeps people going without actually buying new stuff all the time.

Most competitions are on new hardware. Old is almost only in team cup. Most stages in "Challenger" are also on new hardware. Many competitions are on new cell phones, APUs or FX and other hardware which isn't really old.

Being I do not and will not participate in competitions looks like I will drop like a rock

Have to do some thinking, may hang it up and sell off so keep your eye's peeled for some good deals :thup:

Bummer too, benching season for me is just about here :(

Will have to see how it hit me when I get back on a computer.

I'm almost like Witchy, I only do competitions when I already have the hardware combo laying around for it. Will have to see what that means for me too.

Maybe it just helps that I have the FX challenger div and it hasn't changed much in a couple years.

In my top 10 are 2 results made as a joke on stock clocked low voltage laptop i3 :sly:
If I won't make better results in like 7 competitions till end of this year then I drop ~100 spots in ranks ? This shows how good overclocker you are or what they want to show making ranking in this way ? ...
"Rookies" who have often help from others will beat extreme overclockers just because they can easily earn points when older overclockers simply can't compete. I could make my brother to join, help him in everything and make him the best rookie ... but I simply see no point in that.

I do agree, the competitions weigh too heavily on the points. Mine doubled over night just because of the comps. Not because I got any better.

the new way is a joke. makes real benching almost worthless as those points are limited to a handfull and the comp points seem to be unlimited. why should years worth of benching be worth less than a few comp submissions

The real fun is grinding out HW points on old and obscure hardware. Looks like they are trying to monitize the platform but in reality its going to alienate the 98% of people who do not do comps. I am sure the people competing and winning the comps are most likely sponsored/connected to the hw manufactures anyways.

yea , this is a tough break for benchers :(

Maybe I will brush the dust off my wheel and pedals and become a gamer again :eek:

Anyone here anything good about project cars ?

Except this years Team Cup. It's all obscure older stuff. I don't mind buying stuff for benching on, but I'm not going to do it if I have no other use for it when teh comp is over. I know I'm not alone in this.

yea , this is a tough break for benchers :(

Maybe I will brush the dust off my wheel and pedals and become a gamer again :eek:

Anyone here anything good about project cars ?

Let me know if you do.
ProjectCARS is very good.

I do agree, the competitions weigh too heavily on the points. Mine doubled over night just because of the comps. Not because I got any better.

Largely the same happened here to me, got an insane bump in points I did well.... Nothing special at all to get.
It's all about pushing the oe Sports platform and trying to give folks an incentive to either use it or lose it/points. I don't mind doing comps as long as I have the stuff, not going to start going out and buying parts just for that.

Something tells me it could be alot like standing on thin ice in the spring, something is gonna give sooner or later.

Okay, something is definitely different.

I'm over 100 places higher up the rankings in my league than I was a week ago.

Don't really mind that part of it, since I was having trouble moving up the rankings as of late (mainly due to a lack of funds to buy new gear, and partially due to a lack of interest and/or inability to find time to test hardware for maximum overclocks). Surprised by the sudden massive change though.

I'm backlogged now though, got two motherboards I need to test for maximum reference clock, and four processors I need to get around to testing (QX6700, W3530, G6950, and i7 870 when last I checked). With the team cup going on, I probably won't get caught up with those for a while though.

Now why don't any of my submissions to the Team Cup give me any competition points? Even my first submission gave me no points, and I've gotten no points on any subsequent submissions either.

Back