• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anything to compete with the VG248QE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Looking around at 120/144 hz monitors... everyone keeps raving about the Asus here. Is there a reason I should consider the XL2411Z or XL2420 over the Asus?

Max budget 300$ or so, welcoming inputs. Not looking for anything other than 1080p, 144/120 hz. Will be wall mounted, stand options dont matter even a little bit.

The ASUS just tends to be more overall favored with better colors out of box, but the 2411 is a direct competitor that offers slightly better colors once calibrated. I've had mine for quite a while and it's a great little monitor, just keep in mind if you are used to IPS, TN can be a bit unnerving. The flip side though is your gaming experience and even your desktop browsing experience should be smoother at 120/144Hz. That is unless you want to shell out for the Acer 1440p IPS 144Hz at $700 or the upcoming ASUS equivalent for the same price range.

I wound up getting an xl2430t at best buy today (Thanks price matching!). So very pleased with my choice!

Back