• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump, tube, radiator vibrations problem on bottom of obsidian 900d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavypre

I have obsidian 900d with 480 rad on top and on bottom. On bottom I also have ddc 3.2 pwm with ekwb restop https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-xres-140-ddc-3-2-pwm-incl-pump

Pump > gfx > cpu > top rad > bot rad > pump

The issue is vibrations from pump go trough tube to bottom rad and since it is screwed to case it makes low sound like bass because it vibrates side of the case.

How to fix this? Is the tube too short? around 25 cm - Would longer tube dampen more vibrations (but there is not much space for longer tube there)? Before I had only top rad and the tube was going from top to bottom pump and there was no problem with tube vibrations going to rad.

I was thinking to try to decouple rad from case but no idea how much would it help and how exacly to do this.

Where is your reservoir? How are you filling and bleeding the loop?

You could get some foam and put it between the pump and case to soften the vibrations.

Also, you could place the pump at a better location or install it in a reservoir specifically designed for DDC pumps.

Post us a few pictures of your setup and pump location where this issue exists.

Btw, :welcome: to OCFs.

This is what i made with my phone yesterday.

!!! pump is now sitting on foam decoupler !!! it is not on the pic.

I have 3rd tube going from back intake of the pump to drain, filling by top intake of res.

IMAG0255.jpg IMAG0254.jpg

The problem is tube that goes from pump to rad on bottom - it makes rad vibrate.

I didn't put fans on bottom rad yet - it's in testing phase.

I suspect lenght of the tube is too short - probably need to make arc to make it longer to dampen the vibrations.

But maybe someone had this problem and can share solution before i cut it up :)

Well, if the foaming was there and the fans weren't, well there's your issue. Its metal and metal. The plastic housing of the fans will and should take some of that vibration away, plus once the fans are installed and running, it should silence out some of the pump noise.

Almost forgot to add, don't forget the ramifications of having crappy tubing if it isn't PrimoChill's Advanced LRT and colored fluids.

I was thinking about putting fans on tubing side to push out from case like on top - but yea fans between rad and case may reduce vibrations.

I think it's black water tubing - what are the ramifications - are these bad?

How is the rad mounted? you could use a rubber type isolator/ damper/washer between the rad and frame of the case where its mounted that might help.
My son has a 900d and he had a issue with the lower door would vibrate/rattle on occasion. it just needed to be aligned again so it closed right. Was one of the hinges had become bent ad didn't allow the door to flush close.

Are you sure it's the pump making the noise and not fans? A foam pad that thick should eat up most of the pump noise transferring to the case so I would think it is something else. I've used velcro on my pump and almost no noise transferred to the case and it was a fraction of the width of that foam.

What is 'black' tubing? Looks red to me.

Black water is brand of tubing. Liquid is ekwb red blood.

- - - Updated - - -

How is the rad mounted? you could use a rubber type isolator/ damper/washer between the rad and frame of the case where its mounted that might help.
My son has a 900d and he had a issue with the lower door would vibrate/rattle on occasion. it just needed to be aligned again so it closed right. Was one of the hinges had become bent ad didn't allow the door to flush close.

Just regular washers under screws. Will try with fans tomorrow. The doors on rad side are not very good made - I see the same issue sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure it's the pump making the noise and not fans? A foam pad that thick should eat up most of the pump noise transferring to the case so I would think it is something else. I've used velcro on my pump and almost no noise transferred to the case and it was a fraction of the width of that foam.

It is not pump making noise - it is radiator that is making it - vibrations are transfered trough tube from pump.

Back