• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P-States

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

I happen to be looking over some OC on my pc. Weather is nice so the house ac is off and windows are open so i was looking to dial back the Oc a bit. I happen to run across my P-States through a program called AMD PSCheck. and it took me a min to see that alot of my p-states just jump to [email protected]. Is this normal on other ppl p-states? i was thinking it was to be a gradual rise in multi and volts till max stock clock.

View attachment P-States 8320.bmp

I do not know if AMD PSCheck is the same as Cpu-Z, where you can also check your P-States, but if your Cpu is OCed then the readings you are seeing may be wrong.
Here are mine at stock clocks.
Capture8.PNG

If you want to see the actual P-States of the chip, you will need to set it to stock.

Did you check in the BIOS if it was actually set back to stock. I've never seen it show less then 7 P-states at stock clocks. Here is a list of Fx 8350 P-states when we did a comparison a couple of years back.

yes 100% stock in BIOS. all the green and turbo core crap on.

Hit F5 in BIOS and its at default settings.

nope. not running AIsuite. semi fresh install of Win 10

no idea on my end...thats why i was asking. seemed weird to me.

Back