• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

again me and now gtx970 g1 carb problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quickbot

Registered
Hello my very helpfull friends :) So i have a new problem.... Yesterday i received my brand new card gigabyte g1 gaming to replace my previous champion msi gtx770 2gb. So with msi i had ~70fps in world of warships (all maxed out) and i was hoping to see close to 100fps after upgrade, but to my confusion, fps in that game is stuck @71fps, sometime randomly it jumps to 76 and back to 71. If i turn down settings of the game, i get same 71fps and sometimes it drops down to 56fps. I havnt tried other games yet and did boost my card just a lil bit - by 100/350 as it was gliching a bit if i try 150/500 oc.

Anyways, does nvidia have problem with drivers or this card isnt at all more powerfull than gtx770? What should i try? Reinstall drivers or is there bios update for that card?

Thank you!

It is a faster card... but what resolution are you gaming at? You may be CPU limited and need to overclock a bit as that game isn't particularly stressful on the GPU.

Sorry. Just found out that game is fps locked. Still not clear how and why, but it seems all have same prob with world of warships.

Could you please link me(if you have any) With best OC guide for this card, the most noob frendly.... As i still dont understand how it ticks and just know that by raising primary stats +150/+500 glich my card. Maby if i raise power to 110% it wont, but those are my 0 knowlage guesses :)

You really have it. O/C GPUs is easy.

Raise the power limit up to its max, then overclock one at time. Find the max of the core, then back it down to stock. Find the max of the memory, then back it down to stock. Then raise them both at the same time. Just make sure you are not hitting the power limit and throttling.

OK! Put power to max = 112% and all i can raise without furmark crashing on 15min bench is +99gpu clock and +990 memory clock. Not sure if thats ok for gpu clock if im able to raise memory so high?!

Stop using Furmark is the first problem... Use Unigine Heaven or Unigine Valley to to check temperatures and stability. Furmark was deemed a "power virus" years ago by AMD and NVIDIA and really shouldn't be used.

wow.....so i can go further if valley dont start to show some gliches? So now i can crank up more untill...lets say 79C?

Yes. +990 (495 actual) is REALLY good though... Not sure if that will hold in heaven/Valley though...

So i think i wont abuse my card anymore, atm stable clock in valley with GPU clock +165 and memory +1000

FPS: 65.3
Score: 2730
Min FPS: 33.1
Max FPS: 120.0
System

Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3499MHz) x4
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 10.18.13.5560 (4095MB) x1
Settings

Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset Extreme HD

LOL, I would like to see some screenshots of GPUz and MSI AB graph showing the memory that fast... 500MHz actual with NO voltage control is absolutely insane.

You frighten me....it sounds unrealistic to have something like this lol. Im using OC guru II....please dont tell me it aint working and these stats are fake?!

Impossible for anyone to tell but you at this point... we do not have the screenshots needed. ;)

I dont know if OC Guru reports the 'quad pumped' number... it may actually be 250MHz (*4 = 1000). Show us some screenshots of GPUz with that "+1000" value active...

Dear LAWD is imgur slow... please host pictures internally to the site (2MB limit note). Also, 3rd party hosts, those links will go dead after it isn't used for some time...

Anyway, I dont see GPUz, but... notice MSI AB says +500? That is really + 250 MHz or 1000MHz quad pumped. So you ACTUAL memory speed is only 250MHz more than stock which is doable. :)

Vierd, doing same settings on afterburner, i lost huge fps if doing same test in valley again. So whats that? Plus burner doesnt change memory +1000... il ltry again on gigabyte oc

No dont... just try to understand how it is working. Let me explain again. :)

MSI AB is reading DDR (= Double Data Rate), while your Giga software is giving you 'Quad pumped' rate. But through BOTH pieces of software, you are only adding 250 ACTUAL MHz... again, look at GPUz and see what I am talking about.

So, though MSI AB shows +500 it is actually 250MHz. The Giga software is showing +1000 but its actually 250 MHz.

In valley monitoring stats it shows graphiz 1684mhz and memory is at 4000mhz. Anyways, big thanks for help and im off to play wows and drink rum! ;)

Did you try raising core speed independent of memory? I always start w core and see how high I can get it, then add in memory OC since core speed increases will give you more improvement than mem bumps.

Yes i did, and now im confused :D gigabyte oc program allowed to raise as high as i wrote here. Now tryed EVGA PrecisionX 16 thats is popular too. But here without card starting to glich or random game crash is: 125core and 450memory. And im back to square one knowing about this this thing a total zero lol. As precision program shows ingame stats too and it was close to stats i was getting when raised 2x more in gygabyte oc....

Back