• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just need you guys thoughts.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sydo

So today i made some modifications to my case. See pic below

Untitled.png

What i did was removing the HDD bay at the bottom (marked as red) There where 2 fans connected to it along with the 2 intake fans in the front buttom.

My thought was that it was better to remove the 2 fans on the bay and the bay completely to get more space for air. So now there is just the 3 outer intake fans in the front, your thoughts?

I can't see the advantage of having the 2 fans on the bay as they would just ventilate already hot air from inside the case, no?

More fannage, lower RPMs. ? Put the two fans back somehow. They push more air in, lower temps. Reverse your PSU so it exhausts. The low intake means lots of dust in the PSU if it's not up on a desk. It also doesn't blow the hot PSU air into the case.

Not sure how the 2 fans mounted on the side of the hdd bay inside the case will help push more air in? Other than already hot air, just seems logical that if that space is clear the 2 fans in the front will utilize better airflow?

Mora fannage is good. And... the rad is restrictive to air. I bet that the case actually exhausts air out the lower front as you have it set up. Try the smoke test. Light a match or cig or blunt and see what the smoke does in the lower front of the case. Air is a fickle thing. It does strange things.

I've never seen a psu exhaust in the case. It goes in the psu and out the back.

Setup looks fine to so long as temps are in check.

I've never seen a psu exhaust in the case. It goes in the psu and out the back.

Setup looks fine to so long as temps are in check.

Yes it does, forgot to add a red arrow as exhaust for PSU in the back, thought it was a given. Now i am playing with a thought in my head to maybe put the top HDD bay back in and add another fan on that (like shown) and maybe add a fan as intake in the bottom, right next to the PSU?

Why add more fans you don't need? Are temps out of whack?

Well this is in idle state

Capture.PNG

All looks good i guess

Though if i leave the Strix card on Auto fan where they don't kick in before it reaches a specific temp, the card idles at 60c which is a bit high, but i read that alot of people have high idles with 980ti cards, not only Strix

Load temps are what matters... ;)

Your video card has a feature on it that doesn't turn the fans on until around 60c... so that is why that is haplening as you know. .it's supposed to do tbat.

Load temps are what matters... ;)

Your video card has a feature on it that doesn't turn the fans on until around 60c... so that is why that is haplening as you know. .it's supposed to do tbat.

Just seems like a redundant feature when it will be at the 60c regardless :p Nevertheless amazing card!

Going to post load temps?

Oh, thought we where done on this thread :p

Well i put back in the upper HDD bay put another fan on that, that blows directly to GPU, then added 2 140mm fans at the bottom, and removed the top fan that where at ODD bay, sealed of the side panel and the HDD bay. Overall system temp is now much better.

Such a tease...

Anyway, glad to hear its 'better'!

Well, to please you all i ran a firestrike here the load temps :)

Capture.PNG

Before the the GPU would hit 85c on auto fans.

Edit: What are thoes TZ00-1?

Last edited:
Run prime 95 small FFts and Firestrike at the same time. Firestrike is for the GPU, not CPU.

Run for 10 minutes, post pic again.

The TZ stuff is probably a mobo chip temp. Look it up, you have anything called TZ on your Mobo? Google might help as your mobo manual.

Run prime 95 small FFts and Firestrike at the same time. Firestrike is for the GPU, not CPU.

Run for 10 minutes, post pic again.

The TZ stuff is probably a mobo chip temp. Look it up, you have anything called TZ on your Mobo? Google might help as your mobo manual.

Stopped it after less than 20 seconds

Capture.PNG

Supposed to get that hot, i know it's heat test but damn....

Only ran Prime95 not firestrike.

Last edited:
You have a 4790K at stock speeds and That H100i, right? No way should it get that hot...

It's running 4.6GHz

But in gaming, even the most demanding games all is smooth and temps never exceed 65c tops. stays around 50 - 60

Well, that is one heck of a delta between gaming and P95. 20C or sure, yeah, but 35C? That is a lot.

Back