• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help with memory OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helpseeker85

I have 2x2GB RAM of 533mhz and a mobo than supports 800mhz, 1066mhz and 1333mhz ram speed.
I tried the RAM already and its not really working too well as the computer freezes on startup. If I can just overclock the RAM to 800mhz, can someone explain to me how it can be done please?

CPU intel core 2duo E8600 3.33GHZ
MOBO: gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
RAM : DDR2 533mhz

If you have 533, that is 1066 ram. Let's get working there before you overclock it. Have you tried resetting the bios to defaults and putting the sticks in? How far can you get
.. to windows? Can you manually adjust the voutage in the bios to tel he sticks rating? What other troubleshooting have you done?

i cant go far it frezes on loading screen and in the bios it freezes after like 1 min and yes i can change the voltage manually in bios

It's PC4200. You need a setting of 266 in memory frequency......
OR faster ram.

Last edited:
How can I do that? Im not seeing the memory frequency setting, I only see system memory multiplier

How can I do that? Im not seeing the memory frequency setting, I only see system memory multiplier
Memory multi is what sets the frequency. Lowest you'll be able to set manually is 333 because the board only supports 667, 800, and 1066 speed ram.
You actually have 533 speed ram. I'm surprised the board even posts.
You need some new faster ram.

The slowest ram your board officially supports is PC 5300 (667). So pretty much, yes.

Back