• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hate it when that happens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert17

Premium Member
I was able to update my netbook to WinTen a few days ago. It was an exercise in XTreme patience as the HDD that came with is is a WD1600BEVT, a 5400rpm drive, 160GB. So I swapped out the HDD for an M4 Crucial 120GB that I had gathering dust, and it's on WinTen Pro now. When I started a new project on my workbench today I found the screw as below which matches the others I turned in the netbook. Rats.

Netbook screw.jpg

Robert,

How many of those screws were there? If more than two I wouldn't be too concerned, it's not like you're
going through an obstacle course with your netbook. Two will hold it just fine if that's (hopefully) the case.

Thanks RT, yeah, about a dozen overall, and all mount points for the shell have screws. It's from the inside somewhere. But as you alluded, nothing rattles when I shake it so it's nothing I'll get too excited about.

if you don't find an extra on the outside, it's always in the wrong place on the inside.

Back