• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV: September PCMark 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Yes it's that time of year again, the leaves are starting to turn and the Marathon is ramping up for it's next installment. As BMWBaxter did last year before he passed the torch, I am picking one of the benchmarks from the Team Cup 2015. This one is likely new to most so it'll be a nice change as well I think. With luck as a team we might be able to find some good tweaks for this one and come out with a killer score for the Competition at HWBot. As I write this we're in second and very close to first. It was the same last year but some teams like to hold scores right up to the end and sandbag, so we ended up in third but we still did very well. Once everyone has had some time to run this I'll start a thread in the lounge to compare notes and tweaks.

What: PCMark 7
Who: any forum member
Cpu: any CPU, no speed cap
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends: September 30th, 12pm EST
Background: Use supplied background
Download PCMark7 benchmark: HERE
Full Competition Rules: here
I would also like this format used at the top of your post please UserName/CPU/Cooling/ Score

Background

AMD
Johan45/AMD/Water/5746
XRogerX/FX-6300/AIO/ 5598
bassnut / FX8370 / H20 / R9 290X / 5556
Dyckah/AMD FX-8370/H20/5461
LRG5/AMD FX-9590/H2O/5410
caddi daddi/1090T/water/4668
XRogerX/FX-6300/AIO/ 4415
NZKshatriya / FX-6100 / Air / 3821
caddi daddi/ A8-6600K/air/3714
Silver_Pharaoh/ FX-6300 / Water Loop / 3414

INTEL
dejo/ intel 4790k/ gtx970/ 8916
ATMINSIDE / 4790K / AIO / 8557
marc0053 / i7 5960x @ 4872MHz / GTX Titan X @ 1543MHz / Score 8520
Mandrake4565/4770k/Dice/Gtx 980/8036
Devlos/4690k/AIO/7129
MetalRacer / 4930K / H20 / 7106
Lochekey/4690k/h20/6987
CADDI DADDI/4790K/WATER/6886

Last edited:
Aren't we an eager beaver, nice score ATM

As much as I dislike Pcmark anything :clap: for benching weather, though the leaves aren't turning yet.

My maple in the back is going already. Must be that NewYawk weather of yours. Ha ha

Leaves are starting to turn up this way now and should be in full color by the late middle month / end month though the temps are not fall like in any way. They are lying 30*C + all week with high humidex into the low 40's. Just what you need Johan for benching.

Like bassnut said it certainly isn't cold here, just that time of year.

Up here leave will be in full color about the time duck season is open say 3rd weekend of September peek being about beginning of October, I have never really noticed that cold temps have much to do with it warm fall or cold they still change. I think it has more to do with the amount of sun they get. Just like the bass spawning and the deer coming into the rut.

Nice dejo, first "official" submission

Sub'd, though I've never been able to get any decent scores from this bench. I guess it's good we're doing this then, right?

That's why I gave you the push ATM
I tried it for the first time last night and it appears it needs some decent stability at least to me any way. I installed win7 and drivers etc. Did a stock run and scored better than I did at 5.0. by 1000pts. I have some ram that I haven't used yet in the system so I'm sure it needs some adjustments after that abysmal show

That's why I gave you the push ATM
I tried it for the first time last night and it appears it needs some decent stability at least to me any way. I installed win7 and drivers etc. Did a stock run and scored better than I did at 5.0. by 1000pts. I have some ram that I haven't used yet in the system so I'm sure it needs some adjustments after that abysmal show

Yeah, definitely needs to be super-stable.
What GPU were you using? Seems to me that it actually weighs pretty heavy on that.

Right no till I get it up and going CPU wise is a vanilla 6950. Planned on swapping out for my 290x on water, when I get this one figured out.

Right no till I get it up and going CPU wise is a vanilla 6950. Planned on swapping out for my 290x on water, when I get this one figured out.

Either a 290X or 980 would be best, IMO.
Seems like X99 on a 970 is weaker than Z97 on a 980 for this, not sure if that's the only variable though since I don't have X99 to test.

Back