• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metal Gear Solid V PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, that is the main portion of the game. I've never really bothered with the multiplayer. But the PC should be the full retail release.

Then again, Konami has been a little bat**** crazy the last couple of weeks, so...

Speaking of ****...

According to that video alone, I will need the game.

one of the best games i have EVER bought ... simply insane, i have spent over 60 hours in the game now and my progress is only 6% there are few annoying factors like the fact everytime you move from or back to motherbase you have to see that helicopter sequence which wastes a good 30 seconds or so, with my setup i am running the game with everything at max with steady 60fps

Yep, bought it off a friend that picked up a new nvidia card for $20, 9hours in and love the game. Sure, the missions are pretty damn repetitive, but just like Crysis 1, I enjoy being able to take any approach I want at completing the missions.

This little guy I picked up in the middle of a mission, just before I got to an enemy camp in one of the first couple of missions he appeared at my feet and just started barking and wouldn't shut up. Was about to shoot him so he wouldnt give away my position but instead tranq'd him then Fulton'd him back to base. Next thing you know, *picture below*.

Attachments

• 2015-09-07_00007.jpg
    2015-09-07_00007.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 151
Yep, bought it off a friend that picked up a new nvidia card for $20, 9hours in and love the game. Sure, the missions are pretty damn repetitive, but just like Crysis 1, I enjoy being able to take any approach I want at completing the missions.

This little guy I picked up in the middle of a mission, just before I got to an enemy camp in one of the first couple of missions he appeared at my feet and just started barking and wouldn't shut up. Was about to shoot him so he wouldnt give away my position but instead tranq'd him then Fulton'd him back to base. Next thing you know, *picture below*.

Its unsuspecting features like that that make MGS games worth playing

I have Ground Zeroes for PS4, and that first mission honestly has pissed me off so much. Can't seem to make progress on it. And I've been an MGS fan since the first, watching 1 all the way through, playing the Twin Snakes remake, MGS 2 XBox remake, MGS3, and 4 all the way through (4 multiple times through) but this first mission in Ground Zeroes is making me feel like I'm bad at games.

Am I right in assuming a 780ti is plenty to run this game at 1080p? One of my friends was playing it on a 144Hz monitor, and it appears that Ground Zeroes is capped at 60fps. Is that the case with Phantom Pain, too? If so, anyone found a workaround for the FPS cap?

Actually found this on a thread in OCN:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YOUR STEAM ID\287700\local

The file you edit is TPP_GRAPHICS_CONFIG

the line you edit is: "framerate_control" : "Auto"
Change that to Variable.

Do NOT make any changes to ANY graphics options after you do this or it will reset.

try tranquilizing a bear ... :p he gets you down with one strike

I captured the legendary bear for the animal sanctuary platform, I shot at the bear once, let it charge, then dove out of the way, while it sits there for 2seconds, use your StunGun arm. The stun gun prosthetic will take it down in 1 shot.

-- UPDATE 9/14 --
Just wanted to say, 27hours in and still enjoying it! (According to the mission thing I am not even halfway through yet). Screenshot attached, and yes... It was the part of the day where I was praising Gaben.

Attachments

• mgsv.jpg
    mgsv.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I am considering in getting this for PC just I don't know how it would play graphics settings wise on my system below I could get it on PS4 but I know I can get it far cheaper on PC in a months time

I am considering in getting this for PC just I don't know how it would play graphics settings wise on my system below I could get it on PS4 but I know I can get it far cheaper on PC in a months time

The game is actually pretty well optimized. A friend of mine owns a 770 (don't know the comparison to your video card) and a 920 and gets 55 - 60 fps with high settings. If not you can cap the frame rate to 30 fps.

the easiest way to beat QUIET boss level

reveal yourself so that she takes aim at you, hide, request a supply drop on her location, keep revealing yourself so that she doesn't moves, the supply drop will stun her, repeat once more and you are done

Having a lot of fun with the game and story modes. Very well optimized game overall.

One thing on this game is really nagging me though now. After every mission there has to be credits.... EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Seriously? Give overall credits of the game not during every mission please!

Having a lot of fun with the game and story modes. Very well optimized game overall.

One thing on this game is really nagging me though now. After every mission there has to be credits.... EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I think they did it to make it feel more episodic. Once you "finish" the story there is a much larger credit roll.

its also annoying at the start of the mission, it spoiled few missions for me where they introduced Skulls being there, totally ruined the surprise factor. I have a good 500 hours in the game, i am mostly focused on SOP's and getting my levels up but to be honest the game is getting repetitive now, i am on mission 17

its also annoying at the start of the mission, it spoiled few missions for me where they introduced Skulls being there, totally ruined the surprise factor. I have a good 500 hours in the game, i am mostly focused on SOP's and getting my levels up but to be honest the game is getting repetitive now, i am on mission 17

Yeah that is annoying too, you'd think 1 set of credits is enough.

I'm on mission 12 i think, or what turned into mission 12. I think I still have mission 8 to do as well but moving along building my base up. Liking it so far and might... oh might actually try the multiplayer. Think that is released today.

Back