• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ADATA Premier SP550 240GB SSD Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

You certainly can't accuse ADATA of sitting still as far as SSD offerings go. They've released a number of different SSDs over the past year featuring different NAND controllers, read/write speeds, and price points. They seemingly have something for everyone in this regard. Today's review is on their latest Premier SP550 offering, which is aimed at users looking for an affordable upgrade without having to sacrifice performance. The SP550 is ADATA’s first foray into Silicon Motion's SM2256 NAND controller and its NANDXtend technology. Let's go find out how well the SP550 240 GB SSD performs and if it's worth your hard earned dollar.
Click here to view the article.

Price cut to $79.99 now. Nice review. I enjoyed the read. Lots of new tech tweaks. Too bad it's another SATA III interface. I prefer PCIe interface. I'm looking forward for that newer non volatile RAM speed memory in the future.

Thanks AA. I agree PCI-E storage is what the future holds, especially when the prices drop on those. Until then, SATA SSDs are still a worthwhile option for those on a budget.

Back