• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrades?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabriel_Shears

Registered
I'm looking for the best upgrades to my custom build I've recently bought off a friend.

I have just converted back to PC's after being an Apple Macbook pro user for 6 years! So i'm a bit rusty!

The specs of my rig are below, just wondering what would be best to upgrade first really. Looking for high spec gaming with multi tasking as i'm a huge gamer but a photographer aswell. so Photoshop and masses of space are what i need for that aha.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Case: avp storm-27
Psu: alpine 650w
Mobo: Asus m5a78l-m lx
Ram: 8gb 1866mhz crucial ballistic
Cpu: amd phantom ii x4 965 3.4ghz
Gpu: nvidia gtx 630 4gb
Wifi: Asus pce-ac68 (10m extension for aerial)
Hdd: 500gb samsung
Os: windows 7 home premium x64 (genuine so able to do free update to windows 10)
Optical: sony-optiarc dvd-rw

I'm willing to save up depending how much the upgrade is needed. Atm i've got £200 saved, was mostly considering getting a better GPU possibly a EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked with EVGA ACX Cooler.

Resolution is whatever my tv can handle, a 42" Samsung Smart TV

- - - Updated - - -

I'm willing to save up depending how much the upgrade is needed. Atm i've got £200 saved, was mostly considering getting a better GPU possibly a EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked with EVGA ACX Cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

Resolution is whatever my tv can handle, a 42" Samsung Smart TV

I would assume your TV is 1920x1080....

When are you trying to purchase?

What I would do...

1. New PSU. I have never heard of Alpine PSUs...
2. If you are gaming, a new GPU is all you should need outside of that PSU.

+1

Protect what you have/are buying with a good power supply and upgrade the component which will give you the most performance increase for your money (the GPU).

On a side note, why did they make a 4GB GTX 630?!

Back