• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Surface RT 1516

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I just bought one of these badboys, mainly as a learning tool, i have had a few Surface Pro's come threw my hands, but not an RT.

I know the RT is a limited type that only runs apps and so on, but I wanted to ask, how they differ, why you cant install a full windows pro on it?

I managed to do some digging around, they can be "jailbroken", so they can run .exe files, but i'll look into it when i get it next week.

I just have no idea what types of apps would run, games, can i store movies on it and watch? Without any jailbreaking? (Not scared of doing it :))

I just have no idea what types of apps would run, games, can i store movies on it and watch?

Ones from the Windows Store...
Yes, because it's on ARM doesn't mean it can't play a movie... what kind of tablet would that be??

I managed to do some digging around, they can be "jailbroken", so they can run .exe files

Really?? I mean, it's running a different architecture (ARM). I can't imaging there's any way for a program to run without being re-compiled with the correct instruction set.

Really?? I mean, it's running a different architecture (ARM). I can't imaging there's any way for a program to run without being re-compiled with the correct instruction set.

It was a jailbreak, people are running Heroes of might and magic on it, the video i watched, tested Winzip.

Im currently not home, but should get it when i get home, then i'll play. I paid peanuts for it, yes the glass is broken, but i dare to change if i feel its worth it.

Back