• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bittorrent (uTorrent) help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

I recently set up uTorrent. I had run it in the past and had to forward ports in order for it to work. But when I fired this newer version up, I was able to download something without forwarding any ports. Do I need to forward ports with uTorrent these days? I'm on an Comcast (xfinity) router.

i think you sort of answered your own question... noap :)

noap?

But I haven't tried uploading, and this may not be the most efficient way to run it. There are lots of settings to play with. It did download pretty fast though. It will take me several days to prepare something to upload.

uPNP likely takes care of it. I stopped using utorrent when they started bundling in miners into their software and switched to transmission or deluge.

I'm using it for DimeADozen and they require an older version. Version 2.2.1 is preferred, anything over 3 is not allowed. That's probably because of the newest features. Still, the version that I once used did require forwarding the ports.

Back