• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GPU wont' go above 539

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tsaroth

Registered
Can someone please help me figure out why my GPU will go to about 135 when I'm not doing anything, which I understand, but when I play games it will not go above 539mhz.

I know a few days ago it was boosting up to like 1250 the way it's supposed to, but now it seems to be stuck there. I open PrecisionX 16 and watch it and I was just running furmark a moment ago and the GPU "boosted" up to 539.

Can someone help me please. I want to play my games but I'm afraid with 539 I won't be able to.

GPU-Z says same thing when I'm trying to stress it, that it's only at 539mhz.

Thank you in advance.

Capture.JPG

I had a problem like that a couple months ago, on and off on a Strix 970, but all i had to do was a reboot and it fixed itself, possibly driver issues ?

I have rebooted several times over the past two days so I didn't figure that would help.

I just did it and it seems to be working fine now. Thank you so much.

Do you have any suggestions on the best way to up/test the frequency so I can get a good overclock with the gpu since I have ti on water.

Asus maximus VII hero.
Q4790K
EVGA Geforce 970

All on a custom loop.

Personally i use OCCT, max voltage and power target, up memory until it errors, then lower it by 25/50 (personal judgment), then up core until it errors, then lower it by 10/25 (personal judgment). There's also many guides and reviews in various websites like Guru3D and moderators in this one that would be happy to help you :)

Ok, so i was able to run heaven benchmark for a while at 1565mhz with 12mv increase. I was able to run the firetest (I think is what it is called on 3dmark, the free one) and it didn't crash.

Does that mean I'm stable? Also, it never got over 47degrees.

God bless water cooling. Run OCCT for about 30 minutes with your max stable overclock, if it doesn't give out any errors you are golden in my book.

Last edited:
Ok, so i was able to run heaven benchmark for a while at 1565mhz with 12mv increase. I was able to run the firetest (I think is what it is called on 3dmark, the free one) and it didn't crash.

Does that mean I'm stable? Also, it never got over 47degrees.
You shouldn't have an issue.

Back