• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Threading concern on waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trivius

I am prepping my X58 Koolance blocks for use on my EVGA MOBO, using Monsoon fittings, and seem to be having an issue with installing the fittings into the MOSFET block, it only threads a little more than halfway before the resistance is too great to continue, is this okay or will leaking be too risky? That is to say the washer never makes contact around the top of the block, pictures below for visual?

img_a.jpg

img_b.jpg

Don't run it like that. It will leak.
Make sure the threaded part on the Monsoon's aren't too long and bottoming out.

EDIT- I don't see any O ring.

Last edited:
It is a flat gasket washer that is used on Monsoon fittings.

Earlier I realized that I had a few pairs of different sized EK black sparkle spacers that have o-rings built into them, I will put them on to fill up that space and form a seal, which I presume will have realize the desired effect.

It comes with a flat gasket tucked inside where the rigid tubing goes, I assumed that was to be placed at the bottom of the threads against the housing, is it for something else?

There is also a flat gasket that is between the housing and the plastic coupler (i.e., lock collar) for the tubing.

I just noticed there was a small bag included full of o-rings as well. I guess those would be better to use on the threading for contact. Do you use these along with the second flat gasket or is the flat gasket another option instead of the o-rings or is it intended for something else all together?

I does not seem like a good idea to use that second gasket inside the coupler where you glue it to the rigid pipe. Otherwise why do they provide to flat gaskets--because now I am confused after finding the bag of o-rings.

Last edited:
Back