• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EXPIRED] $549 Kenmore 41162 4.3 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer same as LG WM3170CW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
$599 Kenmore 41162
http://www.sears.com/kenmore-4.3-cu-ft-front-load-washer/p-02641162000P

appears to be the same as
(about) $650 LG WM3170CW elsewhere, for example
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-4-3-...ficiency-front-loading-washer-white/1799294.p

So $50 cheaper if labeled Kenmore (Sears) rather than LG and then Sears has a $50 off + free delivery code extra50

so technically $100 off the LG (already on sale everywhere else).

CATCH: Sears makes you buy mandatory $30 Washing Machine Stainless Steel Hoses. You need those to hook up your machine anyway and you really do want the stainless steel instead of rubber since it's a big mess if they break, but still I think they could probably be gotten a little cheaper than $30, still the $100 off what is essentially an LG machine should be a good deal.

Washing Machines are a complicated purchase since there are lemons, and if you get one, just read the negative reviews on every machine, I guess the only thing you can do is try to get a statistically most reliable brand...

Reasoning:
1. Front-Loading Washers are more expensive than top loading washers because the are "better", generally speaking.
2. Spending more gets you more features that you may not need, do you really need to pay $300 more for an extra cycle option you will never use?
3. LG is the most reliable maker, according to Consumer Reports records of frequency of repairs, proof:

Washing Machine Reliability.png

Does anyone know if this square trade deal will cover a $550-$600 product if it says
SquareTrade 4-Year Large Appliance Protection Plan ($700 - 750)
www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-4-Year-Large-Appliance-Protection/dp/B00I4E0WNY/

I mean why, $700-$750 and not "up to $750"?!?

And here's the Consumer Reports Review on it by the way:

Attachments

• cr.png
    cr.png
    37 KB · Views: 1,797
Thought about front loaders before, but after searching around prices at various places and such I ended up buying this set from Sears for my mother since she bought a new house,
http://www.sears.com/kenmore-4.8-cu...026CO81408912B?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

I have a Sears credit card and was able to get that set for $950, no hose was required for purchase btw(this was last year).

Didn't realize LG was ranked so high in reliability in this segment though, I know their fridges have a giant slew of complaints.

Even at $650 though, that's not too bad considering prices seem to have gone down a bit on front loaders. I had a tough time finding in store for less than $800 for "decent" ones.

So technically the LG (branded as Kenmore 41162 for this specific model) is $549.
I was going to wait for Black Friday but pulled the trigger for my parental units because of an educated guess that this price level would not dip below $549.
It's more likely they'll have a thousand dollar+ model on sale (for way more than $549) on Black Friday... This exact same model is available at my Sears Outlet reconditioned for $580 so that tells me this was a big Kenmore brand new models sale sweetened by the $50 coupon code.

Kenmore sticks their name on different brands, this happened to be LG.

There is a similarly priced Whirlpool WFW72HEDW but I decided to go with LG because of reliability and also because the best washing machines Consumer Reports tested were LG.

Ha. The weirdest thing.
If I try to place this order using my cell phone, the mandatory $30 hoses are not mandatory any more.
Weird...

Back