• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another water cooled pi -build log to follow-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dnilson44

Hello OCF!

Long time viewer, finally got around to registering. But onto the imports in part. I know this has been done by another member on the forum (can't remember name off the top of my head) and also phame as well as a few others. However, as much research as I've done I've never found any information regarding figures. The nitty gritty geeky stuff. I.e. Temps, performance gains, voltages, benchmarks, oc settings. Or anything really stating how far the units can be pushed. All I've found is the argument of why and why not? Furthermore, I've found even less data on the 2 latest revisions (model b+ and rpi2 model b)of said board of which can be a major game changer for this aspect. Especially on the 2b. Given that they've moved from a 700mhz single arm6 to a 900mhz quad-core arm7. The arm7 isn't PoP/SoC based unit. The new 1gb memory module is not separate and on reverse side of the board now, letting us more efficiently cool the bcm chip itself.

But before I dive head first into this project. I want some input from the community. Anything really related to said subject. Suggestions on products, measurements, data, formulas, anything important.

Also, whom of you would also like to see a "commerially produced kit" might be worth something and it's a market I haven't been able to find ANY information on. (Though it's abit over kill) but I'm sure there's people out there who want to do such but don't wanna take a full diy approach.

I will start a build log in the project log section within the next week as I finish some designs and get some better ideas together this is gonna be a true system complete with resivior pump blocks and radiator. Primary reason for this project isn't just for the because I can, this is for the nitty gritty details we like to see. Frequency, voltages, benchmarks and temps.

Let me know what yall think.

And sorry for the book

Back