• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Go ahead with i7 6700k Skylake build or wait for AM4 if it ever comes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cant say I wouldnt use an intel...but also cant say I'd recommend an AMD for an enthusiast build right now either......Not that I would ever change over to the dark side, started with AMD and I'm old, so will end with AMD.....maybe thats why theres still an AMX in my garage.

Don't brow beat me with facts and what not, most of what I have to say is opinion. Sure I'm an amd fanboy(just spent $1500 on an 8350 build and I'm not even close to done), but I love my 2013q1 Intel laptop. Build your skylake. But while Intel is applying the apple model of releasing quarterly updates and a revision every year, amd is biding it's time refining "old" technology so they can apply what they've learned to their next big thing. And when they do release, it will be a game changer because that's what amd does. I could be totally wrong.

Back