• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very noisy water pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pu5z3k

hello,
i finish my first LC loop and i have big problem with much noise here is sample:

can someone help me solve this problem ?

Need details on the loop.
Please list all components and the order of the loop's flow.

lc1.jpg

DDC 18W + EK-XRES 100 DDC

360 + 240

CPU EK SUPREMACY PLEXI NICKEL CSQ

ang EK water block for radeon 290x

i dont have any order i am newbie about this :( so hard to say

Can't tell anything about your flow from that picture, can you get one that's straight-on?
The noise sounds like air in the pump, did you tilt the loop around to get the air bubbles cycled through?

sory for bad picture:

i try move from all sides my case, when i unscrew top screw there was a lot of air. Also if i move case a little bit up for a 1-2 sec pump works ok, but after this back to make noise again.

Please forgive me for my bad english.

Sounds like you have a lot of bleeding to do in your loop.

Also, clean up your wiring, it will help airflow and make things look better.

all wires are 100% clear, cause was today mounted :(

what u mean about bleeding ?

Go take a day or so and read all the stickies in the watercooling section, you'll understand the basics and know what I'm talking about then.

He means you need to get the air out of your coolant.

If once you've done that the pump is still too noisy, consider suspending it with elastic or mounting it on rubber or foam to keep vibration from being transfered to your case

ok i read many topics and i solve problem with air and bleeding.

I have some results:
When i turn on computer (room temperature is 21deg) pump still make some noise - not so loud like on the movie. But, when i turn off coolers and get much warmer water (above 45) pump are quiet. When coolant gets colder i can hear the noise from pump.

Any sugestion ?

Also, is your pump running full speed? If so, try slowing it down.
You only need ~1GPM flow rate to make everything in the loop happy.

if i slow it down its much louder noise, but when coolant is warmer (Above 45) there is no problem with noise on any speed

if i slow it down its much louder noise, but when coolant is warmer (Above 45) there is no problem with noise on any speed

Talk to EK and explain exactly when the noise happens (low temperature or low speed).

there is a chance there is problem with density / viscosity of coolant ?

Before you put your system together, did you test the pump without coolant? (I am NOT saying to do that now.)

Back